Alfred Rd Fleet St

hi linda..didnot know about george,or his mum..so sorry..i live in rotherham since i married,1960..and the contact i have is with my 3 sisters..who still live in good old sheffield..we lived on dane street..number 41.our name is day..i,m barrie..my sisters are jenny..carol..margret....our mums name was mabel..and dads wilf..my mum was a good friend of florries..my aunt ..flo wild also lived on dane street.bottom end..she was also a very.very close friend of florries,..hope they bring back a few mems for you all..give my regards to the rest of your family..

bye ..nice to talk to you..

hi ..does harry have the penguin hotel on mason layth road..shiregreen...i too have memories of him..(if its the same guy)a good laugh,very,very smart man.....he used to go in the bluecher pub..and the brickmakers arms..one at the top and one at the bottom of alfred road..(his nickname was ...trumps)

sure do..!!went to school with him.....last i heard ...he was some kind of bailiff on some ponds in lincoln..we tried to get him to come to a reunion..dont know if he went..i was on holiday..he lived in the top yard on dane street..which led out onto don road..his brother billy did a bit of singing on the clubs..

hi ..does harry have the penguin hotel on mason layth road..shiregreen...i too have memories of him..(if its the same guy)a good laugh,very,very smart man.....he used to go in the bluecher pub..and the brickmakers arms..one at the top and one at the bottom of alfred road..(his nickname was ...trumps)

i think that must have been my grandad also called harry yes my dad did have the penguin, my grandad passed away 1998 trumps tuckwood was his nick name x

i think that must have been my grandad also called harry yes my dad did have the penguin, my grandad passed away 1998 trumps tuckwood was his nick name x

sorry to hear of harry(trumps)..he was a good friend of my dads.. i have played many a game of cards with him in the brickmakers arms ,top of alfred road..he was a good guy..many a laugh with him..:he was handy at darts as well...it was only when i was talking to my sisters ,and harry,s name came up that i thought it was trumps that had the penguin..sorry......all the old characters have now sadley gone ...never to be replaced..(my dad and all the great guys that lived down alfred road..)

nice to talk to you.night...

sorry to hear of harry(trumps)..he was a good friend of my dads.. i have played many a game of cards with him in the brickmakers arms ,top of alfred road..he was a good guy..many a laugh with him..:he was handy at darts as well...it was only when i was talking to my sisters ,and harry,s name came up that i thought it was trumps that had the penguin..sorry......all the old characters have now sadley gone ...never to be replaced..(my dad and all the great guys that lived down alfred road..)

nice to talk to you.night...

Well my grandad was a character bless him,whats your dads name i will ask my dad im sure he will remember him x

hi jessiet..dads name was wilf day...lived at 41 dane street....here are a few more names you can ask your dad about..billy flynn....tommy rowley...little harry olive...jack chalenger..frank greenwood..wilf collins...jack flynn(bill,s older brother)tommy jones...frank epworth..(and your grand,dad trumps)officers and gentlemen,all of em...now sadley gone..

hi jessiet..dads name was wilf day...lived at 41 dane street....here are a few more names you can ask your dad about..billy flynn....tommy rowley...little harry olive...jack chalenger..frank greenwood..wilf collins...jack flynn(bill,s older brother)tommy jones...frank epworth..(and your grand,dad trumps)officers and gentlemen,all of em...now sadley gone..

hi,well i showed my dad and he does remember your dad and all the other names my dad and mum now have the wharncliffe in firth park so if your ever down this way he said pop in for a pint xx

Archived