Alfred Rd Fleet St

hi linda..didnot know about george,or his mum..so sorry..i live in rotherham since i married,1960..and the contact i have is with my 3 sisters..who still live in good old sheffield..we lived on dane street..number 41.our name is day..i,m barrie..my sisters are jenny..carol..margret....our mums name was mabel..and dads wilf..my mum was a good friend of florries..my aunt ..flo wild also lived on dane street.bottom end..she was also a very.very close friend of florries,..hope they bring back a few mems for you all..give my regards to the rest of your family..

bye ..nice to talk to you..

Hi Barry did your mum live near daves mum on arbourthorne? if she did then i can remember her.have you ever been to any alfred rd re-unions we have only been to a couple, but we realy enjoyed them. dave knew more people than i did because i went to st charles school, sorry i cant you or any of your sisters,but dave thinks he knew magret.youre rite they were good times LGXX

hi once again..yes my mum did live close to florie..on arbourthorne..glad to hear that you met my mum..she was a diamond.just like mrs.goddard..and ..!!yes again we have been to most of the alfred road reunions,,but they seem to be fading out now..not had word of owt hapening in the future..we still have class reunions..class of 1953..(bit before your time i think...lol..)had a phone call from my school mate only last night..(frank unwin)lived on dane street.just like me..we are going on a night out to owlerton dogs.on the 21st of aprill..most of our mates will be there..also rita tuckwood..and most of the jones girls..also from dane street..last time out we had a great night..just brill to meet up with them all again.....if you fancy it...you know where we will be on the 21st..well off now,,nice to talk to you again.....night

• 1 month later...
I lived in fleet st my mums name was sarah scott then Omahoney, my name is linda i have a sister called pat and a brother stephen.

I married david goddard in1965 and we are still together lol if ther is anyone who can remember us it would be nice to hear from you.

HI i am new to this site but i went to school with George [i think] would he be

73yrs old we left Newhall school at Christmas 1950

• 1 year later...

Hi jessiet i used to go to school with your dad newhall rd andgo drinking with your grandad in the forge pub he as a pal of my dad i lived on don place we lived in the last house tobe knocked down i rember tuckwoods yard was stll standing i will call in the pub one day and see your dad all the best jt

Hi jessiet i used to go to school with your dad newhall rd andgo drinking with your grandad in the forge pub he as a pal of my dad i lived on don place we lived in the last house tobe knocked down i rember tuckwoods yard was stll standing i will call in the pub one day and see your dad all the best jt

hello,whats your name i will tell dad about you,have you got any old pics of alfred rd area would love to see some x

• 3 weeks later...

Hi new to the forum and enjoying reading the threads,I lived at 38 Dane st,across from Baz and the Jones,my mum was great friends with Mrs Jones all her life,I remember all the names mentioned as well as Rosie Tranfield,Bella Race,George Wright,Edna Lucas,Charlie Turner,Gerry Hill,Len Turner.Mrs Sheldon,The Unwins,Baldersons,Hickeys,Greens,and many more.What a great place to be brought up,I am always proud to say iam a Brightside lane lad!

• 2 years later...
Hi there I lived on Fleet st but my husband lived on Alfred rd David goddard your dad may remember him or his sisters.

Last year we were in a pub at Torksey and a guy came over to us his name was Harry and he had a pub in Sheffield is he any relation to you. Linda.

Hi bossy boots,just found this thread,I lived on dane st,just found an old photo in my mothers things of customers in the wellington on brightside lane and i think your davids dad is one of them.I dont want to give my contact details out,is there a private way on sh.forum to let you get a copy?

Hi bossy boots,just found this thread,I lived on dane st,just found an old photo in my mothers things of customers in the wellington on brightside lane and i think your davids dad is one of them.I dont want to give my contact details out,is there a private way on sh.forum to let you get a copy?

hello dave if you want you can send a pm or private message just clidk on their name and a box will open then you can click on sending them a pm. ps havnt tried it yet but i think thats how you do it jack

Archived