Public toilets in Town

Rich

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Job for the moderators then to go & lock all the threads from 5 years or older? 

Alternatively, I'm sure there must be an IT function that could just delete the whole lot.  Failing that, the regulars on SF can just not play ball & respond. 

All forum softwares have a purge function. Set a cut off date and let it run. 

I ran a forum years ago and the purge was set at 5 years. Kept the database nice an trim. 

1 hour ago, PRESLEY said:

My God, Phew,! I remember the stink holes in town,  Pond st, Surrey st, and the  subway under Angel st, apart from the stench they were a muggers paradise, don't bring em back. :roll:

The one in Fitzalan Sq. was very popular.

11 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

My God, Phew,! I remember the stink holes in town,  Pond st, Surrey st, and the  subway under Angel st, apart from the stench they were a muggers paradise, don't bring em back. :roll:

Councils fault for not policing them. Subways were brilliant if maintained and policed properly.

4 minutes ago, LovePotion said:

The whole city centre has a theft/begging problem but that doesn't mean the facilities should be taken away for those of us who want to use them & feel capable of defending ourselves. Orchard Square toilets "closed until further notice", is a disgrace. I hope the shop tennants have their rent lowered to reflect the new lack of ameneties. Millenium gardens has a toilet OK but that doesn't open until 10:00 AM. Moorfoot toilets were great as they were by the shops. There also used to be pods scattered around the city centre but I was always scared of getting locked in one of those! 

You have just stated the city centre has a theft/beggers problem so how can you justify bringing back these havens for the wrongens and P.S you and no one is capable of defending themselves when a mugger holds a knife to your throat unless your name is Lara Croft or Emma Peel. :roll:

God has someone seriously resurrected this prize tut of a thread again.

Jesus, how many more times do we have to have this pointless argument. We are not in the dark ages anymore. We are no longer gathering around, paying a penny to take our turn on the communal bog.

The train station has toilets, both bus interchanges have toilets, the council offices have toilets, the library has toilets, the galleries have toilets, the Jobcentre and benefits offices have toilets,  M&S has toilets, Atkinsons have toilets, Next has toilets, the Market Hall has toilets, two of the Q Parks have toilets, every single bar, cafe and restaurant has toilets, the hotels have toilets, the cinemas have toilets, the theatres have toilets, every office building has toilets....

If that's not enough there are even a couple of coin operated automated toilets. Said before and will say again, if someone visiting the city centre does not at some point passed nearby or in any of the above what the hell are there in the wandering around for.  Just how often is the occurrence when despite all of that availability above -  someone is so desperately need that they have no option but to go in the street.

Absolute nonsense. All this OTT demand to get our taxpayer monies literally peed away creating additional unnecessary facilities which are nowadays more than sufficiently covered  covered by other means.

• Like 1

Instead of opening costly public toilets, the council could provide machines in areas where toilet facilities are lacking...

These machines could dispense free Tena Adult Nappers, this would give anyone needing a Jimmy Riddle time to locate a proper toilet.

• Like 1