Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

ianm

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Havce they not refurbished it? Painted it at least?

The layout is exactly the same and even the same carpet! They have obviously cleaned it up though as I remember sticking to it! Those funky picture frames have gone from the walls and it looks like its just been painted. Bring back Uropa I say!

Originally posted by HJdollbaby

To be honest i dnt hav much input apart from nagging!!!!!!lol! I think a 90s nite wud b a great idea and any ideas are up for discussion at the moment!!!!! Il get bk to u! x x x x x x

Please do get back to me would love to do an old skool night again! Brings back so many memories. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

In spite of probably seeming far too old from some of the other posts, I used to go there with my sister and her friends whenever I came back to Sheffield, she is 11 years younger than me, so great nights :-)

By the way do any of you remember Tracy Evans, she was a regular.

I used to love the Limit in the mid to late 70s, I used to go in and get utterly bombed and quietly puke onto the floor, thats probably why it was so sticky. It was the age of the punk so basically everybody puked and by 1.30 am we all looked like an ornamental fountain with the puke spurting and the coloured lights illuminating it to the sound of The Stranglers and Sex Pistols.

If I had a penny for every time I had to be carried, dead drunk up those stairs by a huge bouncer Id...well Id have 4p.