Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

ianm

saw some good bands there saw this really good scouse band called spider he said tounge in cheek sheffield ur the worst audience in the world lol saw the mamas boys there and the endid 2 it was weird all the crowd sat on the floor cross legged very bizzare lol:thumbsup:

Fantastic days!The Limit,Take 2 Club and Rebels!

End of an era, and all closed down within a few years of each other.Used to be a bit of a pyschobilly during the late 80's and always ridden Lambretta scooters.My last one was a dayglo orange furry one(1960 vintage). Nowadays,in my mid 30's; I tend to be a regular in the Classic Rock Bar. This place is an absolute god-send for alternative people like us!

If you want to see a pic of me,check out tonites Star paper (page 29 at the bottom) I am the ginger on the right hand side.

Originally posted by Sam Miguel

I'll always remember it as the place we went when they wouldn't let us in anywhere else. I remember the floor at the opposite end of the room to the stage always seemed to be swimming in spilt beer.

i agree. always remember it as a real dive and very dark inside with a horrible sticky carpet (probably sick or blood or both). much preferred the Crazy Daisy.

Hello there peeps,Jaytee again. I just wonderd if anyone ever remmembers 'The Limit Club' on west street. Any memories you can remmember there. They use do have some gret acts on,now and then.

I can remember some great nights in the limit. There were some unusual people, always different looks, goth, punk and whatever you pleased to wear. I remember going in fishnets, legging tights over them, pointed ankle boots and a skin tight skirt worn as a boob tube dress, along with loads of bangles and jewellery. My Mum saw me go out in a big coat and had no idea what was underneath, I may well have been too young to drink!! Fun times.

Can you remember everyone used to end up sitting on the floor all round the edges, or anywhere for that matter. Your feet used to stick to the floor when trying to dance, or was that move and jolt as oddly as you could. At least the pint pots used to bounce. Although there must have been glass pots once, I can remember a fight breaking out and glasses getting smashed.