Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

ianm

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 13/07/2019 at 10:59, dodger23 said:

Hello Folks,

I have a new podcast episode up. Back to The Limit club in August 1978 for a 4 band bill with Cabaret Voltaire, Deaf Aids, Molodoy and The Push. 

Link to listen here - http://smarturl.it/MyLifeInTheMosh

Thanks

Dodger

Your name came up in conversation yesterday mate!

I saw Molodoy in 1978, the singer was dressed like "Alex" in the film "A Clockwork Orange", and if memory serves they were originally called "Reactor" and were from Low Edges?

The Push were "Charles Paris and The Push" and the singer was in "Coronation Street" for a few episodes (real name was Ray something or other), 

Talking of "Charles", The Deaf Aids were "Charles Hawtry and the Deaf Aids" , and one of the lads had the one-side-long-and-one-side-short haircut, like Phil Oakey, he also had half a moustache!

Good old days................

On 14/07/2019 at 12:45, Grappler said:

Your name came up in conversation yesterday mate!

I saw Molodoy in 1978, the singer was dressed like "Alex" in the film "A Clockwork Orange", and if memory serves they were originally called "Reactor" and were from Low Edges?

The Push were "Charles Paris and The Push" and the singer was in "Coronation Street" for a few episodes (real name was Ray something or other), 

Talking of "Charles", The Deaf Aids were "Charles Hawtry and the Deaf Aids" , and one of the lads had the one-side-long-and-one-side-short haircut, like Phil Oakey, he also had half a moustache!

Good old days................

Molody were indeed  from Lowedges. Singer Steve Warburton “warby”, drummer Paul Manfridi (became a policeman I think), Paul Nicholson worked for Yorkshire water  “Nicky”on  bass and Ian Lindsey “Linz” guitar.  They are gigging again in 2019, who would have thought that.

Deaf Aids were Terry Gambles on vocals, Craig Waite on bass the others I can’t remember, we went to The Marquee in London to see them along with about 10 others. Great night. Saw them loads in and around Sheffield as one of my friends was with Craig. 

On 14/07/2019 at 12:45, Grappler said:

Ashcroft...

Edited by RiffRaff

On 17/07/2019 at 14:27, shazzamattazza said:

Molody were indeed  from Lowedges. Singer Steve Warburton “warby”, drummer Paul Manfridi (became a policeman I think), Paul Nicholson worked for Yorkshire water  “Nicky”on  bass and Ian Lindsey “Linz” guitar.  They are gigging again in 2019, who would have thought that.

Deaf Aids were Terry Gambles on vocals, Craig Waite on bass the others I can’t remember, we went to The Marquee in London to see them along with about 10 others. Great night. Saw them loads in and around Sheffield as one of my friends was with Craig. 

Did Craig live up Foxhill way, or something like that?, seem to remember seeing him on buses going out to gigs.

Molodoy gigging again?, I will have to try and see them. 

Tramlines should do that next year, see if they can get a load of the old Sheffield bands back together and have an afternoon of live music from that era. 

On 17/07/2019 at 22:26, RiffRaff said:

Ashcroft...

Cheers pal!

Funnily enough, I was watching Peter Hook and the Light, yesterday, at Tramlines, and the three couples stood in front of us, I recognized the three blokes as Limit goers from the early to mid 80's. 

1 hour ago, Grappler said:

Tramlines should do that next year, see if they can get a load of the old Sheffield bands back together and have an afternoon of live music from that era. 

They have this year (sort of), a punk gig at the Mulberry featured Pax bands Mau Maus, Septic psychos and Xtract

13 minutes ago, melthebell said:

They have this year (sort of), a punk gig at the Mulberry featured Pax bands Mau Maus, Septic psychos and Xtract

Hi Mel

I don't suppose PAX supremo, Marcus Fetherby showed up?