Memories of "The Limit" Nightclub

ianm

On 22/07/2019 at 14:41, Grappler said:

Hi Mel

I don't suppose PAX supremo, Marcus Fetherby showed up? 

I heard that Marcus had died a few years back. But that could have been just another one of his “stories” going around. He may just have changed names........again !!!!

On 22/07/2019 at 12:29, Grappler said:

Did Craig live up Foxhill way, or something like that?, seem to remember seeing him on buses going out to gigs.

Molodoy gigging again?, I will have to try and see them. 

Tramlines should do that next year, see if they can get a load of the old Sheffield bands back together and have an afternoon of live music from that era. 

Cheers pal!

Funnily enough, I was watching Peter Hook and the Light, yesterday, at Tramlines, and the three couples stood in front of us, I recognized the three blokes as Limit goers from the early to mid 80's. 

Craig  lived at Woodseats. His father owned the fishing shop on Chesterfield Road and they lived in the flat above, this would be 1979-1982ish. Lost track of him once he and my friend parted ways.

i think Molody played The Mulberry a couple of months back

Edited by shazzamattazza
Memory jogged

On 23/07/2019 at 15:06, shazzamattazza said:

I heard that Marcus had died a few years back. But that could have been just another one of his “stories” going around. He may just have changed names........again !!!!

Craig  lived at Woodseats. His father owned the fishing shop on Chesterfield Road and they lived in the flat above, this would be 1979-1982ish. Lost track of him once he and my friend parted ways.

i think Molody played The Mulberry a couple of months back

That could be true, I guess it is a case of how long is a "couple" of years?

He was down south, working at a well known place, under another name, last I heard.  I will see if i can find out more. 

On 14/07/2019 at 12:45, Grappler said:

The Push were "Charles Paris and The Push" and the singer was in "Coronation Street" for a few episodes (real name was Ray something or other)....

As an extra note, the bassist in the Push - Jeremy (Jez) Meek - is Paul Carrack's sidesman. If you chance to look at Jez's website, he's been a bass player for some outstanding artists over the years....

Hello folks,

Back to The Limit for this next podcast episode.

One of those nights when you ended up going to The Limit because you wanted a late drink and you were too scruffy to get a pint anywhere else. Also includes doing 'Cabaret' at The University Drama studio.

Link to listen - http://smarturl.it/MyLifeInTheMosh

Thanks!

Dodger

• 8 months later...

Does anyone remember " The Limit "  ? , the one on west street I'm talking about. The bands that appeared there,the DJ who was in 'orange juice' and the cool (crazy) glass collector/barman ?  Being new to this tech and forum I just read a post from , before I looked at the date , 2003  where it mentions sass the man, from classic rock bar ,for which i was the licencee, selling " limit" t shirts as well as " classic rock bar " t shirts. RIP Sass,one of the boys. You know who you are. A. Love to you all.

Edited by Skimking
Read old post from 2003. RIP Sass.

• 6 months later...

Marcus has reappeared under another name and is currently writing a book about those times, he also submitted a bunch of pictures to Tony Beesley's book about the Clash - Ignore Alien Orders.

Hope everyone is well!

On 24/07/2019 at 16:55, Grappler said:

That could be true, I guess it is a case of how long is a "couple" of years?

He was down south, working at a well known place, under another name, last I heard.  I will see if i can find out more. 

2 hours ago, Englishmike said:

Marcus has reappeared under another name and is currently writing a book about those times, he also submitted a bunch of pictures to Tony Beesley's book about the Clash - Ignore Alien Orders.

Hope everyone is well!

Well that should be a book worth reading!, I'll ask Tony about it. 

"Have a nice Day" Mike (to make you feel at home in America.......)

• 3 weeks later...