The Baytree

wyseowl

Just been to the Baytree (London Road)

Thought we would take mum for a nice Mothers day lunch, first time and last time.

Starters missing one of the main ingrediant..ordered the egg mayo with smoked salmon and prawns..NO SALMON

Main- Roast Beef dinner...yorkshire pudding as hard as a rock and very burnt..asked for another one and the other they brought out was just as bad!Potatoes burnt and meat fatty

Complained and was advised that our bill would be ammended to reflect the fact we couldnt eat it...

Desert not bad but cant go wrong with protiteroles and choc sauce and ice cream

Staff very rude and were obviously upset that we had complained ...stood staring at us and whispering

Noticed that everyone else who ate while we did were given a little bag of sugered almonds with the bill..we didnt get one though!?!? :suspect:

Set meal £17 each...they knocked £16 off...still came to £65 with drinks (3 adults and 2 children)

Very poor service and food..would NOT recommend eating there !!!!

Been to better pubs for dinner and at that price wish we had...

Yeah, me and Mrs F went to the Bay Tree for Sunday dinner a couple of months ago and were decidedly underwhelmed, with the food, the service and the value for money.

It's a shame because I think that place could do very well in the right hands.

I quite liked Portofinos, which it replaced, though the quality had dropped a bit towards the end. I'm disappointed it's been taken over by a place I've heard nothing good about so far. All reports have said expensive, poor food, poor service.

Pity.

Archived