Sheffield wednesday the manchester united of s/yorks

:D Sheffield Wednesday are the Manchester United of south yorkshire, before you laugh here are my reasons,

1 All the other teams in SY hate us (just like MU nationally)

2 we are the most successfull team in SY (just like MU nationally)

3 we have the biggest ground and fan base, away following etc in SY

I know all of the above points contradict the fact that at the moment we are rubbish but they are facts!

Also to all the "we are the best team in Yorkshire Blades" who may say crowds don't get you points, well surely in the long run they do, bigger crowds, more money to buy better players higher up the league. So you know we will be back at the top before long be it this time or next.

If crowd's get you points why didn't you win the automatic promotion,Wigan have on average 10,000 so that contradicts your theory.UP THE BLADES

Originally posted by tosh13

If crowd's get you points why didn't you win the automatic promotion,Wigan have on average 10,000 so that contradicts your theory.UP THE BLADES

When did he say crowds get you points?????:confused: :confused: He said a bigger fanbase - nothing to do with points:loopy:

Originally posted by Lestat

When did he say crowds get you points?????:confused: :confused: He said a bigger fanbase - nothing to do with points:loopy:

Try reading his qoute again mate:

Also to all the "we are the best team in Yorkshire Blades" who may say crowds don't get you points, well surely in the long run they do, bigger crowds, more money to buy better players higher up the league. So you know we will be back at the top before long be it this time or next.

Originally posted by owl74

:D Sheffield Wednesday are the Manchester United of south yorkshire, before you laugh here are my reasons,

1 All the other teams in SY hate us (just like MU nationally)

2 we are the most successfull team in SY (just like MU nationally)

3 we have the biggest ground and fan base, away following etc in SY

the league tables dont lie!!! yes we may have just failed to make the play offs for the second successive season but we are still a whole league above you!!

why is it wendys have to go back to attendances? this means nothing, wednesday always have always had bigger attendances but look where it has got them!

your 2nd point is true though, you are the most hated in SY, and are you at all suprised when the fans come out with comments like this? ive never heard so much crap in my life, most wednesday fans will be ashamed to be associated with you! yet i guess its this strange rule thats come into place this week, sheffield wednesday reaching the play offs magically and mysteriously means automatic promotion and all the blue and white shirts have appeared frm the darkest of places!

who agrees with me?

it's common sense that (taking out teams with rich benefactors like wigan) a football club with more fans generates more money from gates reciepts and therefore can afford better players so eventually a large fanbase will drag you out of the mire. Yes I know we are in millions and millions of debt and are in the third division but this is due to mistakes at board and management level. Eventaully this will turn around.

My original point about being the MUFC of SY is true everyone locally hates us cos we are the biggest club and no matter what division we are in we are still a scalp.

i would also like to say that after watching yesterdays match I am very fearful of our playoff hopes.:nod:

Archived