Hall and pickles anyone.

tara

I worked with some great lads.

Jon and Tony Egley,Albert Charlesworth,Steve Glossop,Roy Cooper,Keith Eccles,Mick French,Ticker,Jeff Driver,Les Dinsdale and my old mate Jim Lambert (lovely bloke).

We had a reunion some years ago and it was great to see some familiar and friendly faces.

About time we had another one.

I certainly remember Steve Glossop, we use to call him hot gloss.

Really sad to here about Mick, (Elaine's Husband)great Bloke,use to be my Horse Racing Buddy.Also remember someone called Carol Clare later Carol Martin I think. Anyone remember Big Ann from Highgreen, Kath Hazelhurst, Glenys. and Big Diane from Rawmarsh. Use to play cards at Dinner Time at the side of the Cloak Room, a big gang of us.

Not to forget Pauline, who worked with me on the Press. I can remember one Day we were on the Machines Alfresco, as they pulled the outside wall down at the side of us.

• 5 months later...

my husband Rodney Kaye worked there from an apprentice then moved to the IML as deputy works manager to John Smith (Works Manager) until 1970. I too worked at Hall & Pickles for a couple of years in the general office 1961 to 1963. Harold & Peter Hill my next door neighbours were in the drawing office for a time- They are still around.

Archived