From Sheffield living in Spain

We've lived in The Jalon Valley area for over seven years. The Jalon Valley is in The Costa Blanca and we're about half an hour from the coast-Denia, Javea, Moraira and Calpe being the nearest coastal large towns.

We love it here. It all depends what you want out of life-it's a great area for walking, cycling and of course scuba diving. I've just taken up padel tennis-you'll have to Google that one as it is just played in Spain!

Make no mistake, it is hard to earn a living and it is east to understand why so many have returned to their homeland-not just the Brits. We let out an apartment as a source of income and without that it would be very hard to survive here.

Just to finish-it's late November, blue skies, sunshine and 21 degrees and I'm in shorts. 'nuff said!

The wife and I want to buy on the Benissa coast, La Fustera is on the top of our list, but we can't make our minds up as to what we want. Some 2 bed, 2 bath apartments with double balconies and sea views have come down from 399,000 euros to 225,000 euros, but we could find an apartment too small. A 5 bed, 3 bath villa with pool, 350 m2 from the beach has been reduced from 630,000 euros to 399,000 euros.

We wouldn't be wanting to work, neither of us plays golf, so I think that something with a garden and a pool would suit us best. I can easily spend a couple of hours a day meandering around Moraira marina and El Portet front, so will probably get a dog. We first visited the area in 1981, before Calpe became so built up, and the Jalon Valley resembled the back drop of a Clint Eastwood movie.

You are obviously missing Sheffield. :hihi:

The wife and I want to buy on the Benissa coast, La Fustera is on the top of our list, but we can't make our minds up as to what we want. Some 2 bed, 2 bath apartments with double balconies and sea views have come down from 399,000 euros to 225,000 euros, but we could find an apartment too small. A 5 bed, 3 bath villa with pool, 350 m2 from the beach has been reduced from 630,000 euros to 399,000 euros.

We wouldn't be wanting to work, neither of us plays golf, so I think that something with a garden and a pool would suit us best. I can easily spend a couple of hours a day meandering around Moraira marina and El Portet front, so will probably get a dog. We first visited the area in 1981, before Calpe became so built up, and the Jalon Valley resembled the back drop of a Clint Eastwood movie.

You are obviously missing Sheffield. :hihi:

over £250,000 to basically walk the dog,you lottery winners or something?

over £250,000 to basically walk the dog,you lottery winners or something?

We wish, if that were the case we would already be there. It's just about selling up over here and buying over there. This is all about the weather, it's mostly good over there and crap over here. Spain has it's problems, as does the UK, but at least you're warm during Spanish problems.

And what's wrong with a couple of 60 odd year olds, having a villa with a garden and pool, and owning a dog? :confused:

We wish, if that were the case we would already be there. I'ts just about selling up over here and buying over there. This is all about the weather, it's mostly good over there and crap over here. Spain has it's problems, as does the UK, but at least you're warm during Spanish problems.

And what's wrong with a couple of 60 odd year olds, having a villa with a garden and pool, and owning a dog? :confused:

Go for it mate.

Go for it mate.

It's getting closer, SKY TV, the internet, you could be in the UK one minute and within a completely different culture and lifestyle in the next. Totally free, and good, healthcare for anyone drawing a UK state pension, infact if one of a married couple draws a state pension, then the other is also covered.

We wouldn't consider it if we needed to work, but with two state and private pensions, it's a no brainer.

Torromolinos

I was in Torremolinos just this Monday with my husband. We went to visit his family in Jaen for a few days, then had two days in Tariffa which was brilliant, and then overnight in Torremolinos.

Could have met for a coffee to say hi if I'd have known though almost all the bars were closed in the evening.

We've lived in The Jalon Valley area for over seven years. The Jalon Valley is in The Costa Blanca and we're about half an hour from the coast-Denia, Javea, Moraira and Calpe being the nearest coastal large towns.

We love it here. It all depends what you want out of life-it's a great area for walking, cycling and of course scuba diving. I've just taken up padel tennis-you'll have to Google that one as it is just played in Spain!

Make no mistake, it is hard to earn a living and it is east to understand why so many have returned to their homeland-not just the Brits. We let out an apartment as a source of income and without that it would be very hard to survive here.

Just to finish-it's late November, blue skies, sunshine and 21 degrees and I'm in shorts. 'nuff said!

Hi

We are moving out to Javea in the future, we love it. My husband is from Andalucia and we love it there but we love Alicante even more. Northern Alicante is so stunning with the orange and lemon groves and so much greener than Southern Alicante or Malaga area.

We have a business to sell but once we've sold up, we're out there! We know the area some as we spent 8 months in Javea several years ago, and the Jalon valley is lovely - we were in Denia this January. Completely open minded about what we do there, I speak Spanish so don't have any language problems. Looking forward to doing something new..

Archived