O`Briens from Manor.

rosalee

kath and neville lived next door to us on jaunty lane,carl played for sheff unt. and darren played for weds as a junior but had a bad injury but he did come back to play for york and newcastle he then played for a number of non leaue clubs,dont know what he does now but carl is bricklaying and plays masters football for untd.they had the blue bell at hackenthorpe the other son i think simon was a barmen there.saw them not long ago now retired and live near woodhouse.

Your talking about Carl and Darren Bradshaw.

I worked with Walt and his Sister Emma at Donnellys Cutlery Firm on Portobella for around three years in the sixties, I also knew Georgie and a cousin of his call Joe Coward. I think Walts widow still lives down Gleadless Road just past Cat Lane on the opposite side.

My husband knew The O'briens , his family lived accross the road from them , Mick was his football manager for the Woodhouse angels , Woodhouse WMC . They became very good friends during the 70,s early 80,s .

My son played for the angels, when Mick was the manager. did your husband go on the trip to Holland?.

would that be tony who used to drink in the elm tree ?ithink he moved to the coast as his daughter had breathing problems and needed the better air than we once had in sheffield

Yes tony did move to skeggy ,but not for his daughters breathing difficulties she lived with me.Im his x wife, he had a stroke a while back and is a lot better now,but still as dependant on alcohol as he ever was.

Yes tony did move to skeggy ,but not for his daughters breathing difficulties she lived with me.Im his x wife, he had a stroke a while back and is a lot better now,but still as dependant on alcohol as he ever was.
i remember tony back in the late 60's..his uncle george tomlinson told me he had moved to the coast ,sorry to hear about him having the stroke i had one myself last year so can understand what he is going through ,he may not remember me but if you say to him a bloke from the old days in the elm says he hopes your guts drop out ,it should raise a smile and a few memories :hihi:

Archived