O`Briens from Manor.

rosalee

i remember tony back in the late 60's..his uncle george tomlinson told me he had moved to the coast ,sorry to hear about him having the stroke i had one myself last year so can understand what he is going through ,he may not remember me but if you say to him a bloke from the old days in the elm says he hopes your guts drop out ,it should raise a smile and a few memories :hihi:

:) Whats your name? if you dont want to put it here u can pm it to me.

I once knew a lad called Pat O'Brien. Not sure if he came from off Manor, could have done? He'd be mid 40's now - any relation.

Yes he's my cousin his dad was Pat if we are on about the same one , got brothers called John, Gary ,Zac then theres the sisters aswell.

• 1 year later...
There are a lot of O'briens in Sheffield.There was a family of O'briens lived on Cromford St years ago. I knew Desmond O' brien, im sure he had reletives on the Manor. I also Remember David O'brien known as DOB who lived round upperthorpe. I think one of the O'brien family have a skip firm as ive seen the wagons around.

my name is o'brien we lived on woolley wood road at shiregreen,there was fred,george,mick and me terry there was a big tribe of us in sheffield

I remember a Mick ( squeaky) RIP and brother Pete O,Brien pigeon fancier both avid Blademen in the 60s & 70s but i dont know if they came off the Manor or not i do know they both used to go in the Olive Grove pub in the late 60s when it had live entertainment on and Discos always good entertainment watching them fight each other "brotherly love" i seem to think that Pete lived somewhere near the top of Myrtle rd but not sure if they are related to anyone from the Manor any feedback would be nice.

I used to work with Walt O`Brian in the early sixties, I also seem to remember Mick working with us for a short while. I also remember Kath I fancied her when she was around seventeen years old. I went to school (St Theresas) with a cousin of theirs a lad now a man called Joe Coward. Walts Widow was living down Gleadless Rd I have a feeling that she is still alive as the house windows have had the same clean,neat type of net curtains up for years.

Archived