Hot Pants now only once a month

I took a mate of mine who was visiting sometime earlier this year and although the atmosphere, crowd (20s-40s), and music was great I was a bit disappointed that it seemed less than half empty. For those regulars does HotPants ever get busy?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's been quiet for a couple of reasons.

1. The 70s was a looong time ago, the people that remember it 1st time round are now approx 40 years old and dont go out so much. Also "cheese" isnt popular with the kids these days. Most want commercial r&b, some want indie and some want some form of EDM. Probably the same reason "flares" is now just a small room in reflex.

2. City Hall has sky high drinks prices and in the current economic climate it simply isnt a viable option for many.

I think it's been quiet for a couple of reasons.

1. The 70s was a looong time ago, the people that remember it 1st time round are now approx 40 years old and dont go out so much. Also "cheese" isnt popular with the kids these days. Most want commercial r&b, some want indie and some want some form of EDM. Probably the same reason "flares" is now just a small room in reflex.

2. City Hall has sky high drinks prices and in the current economic climate it simply isnt a viable option for many.

Since it's gone back to once a month, it's been packed again.

Flares went downstairs at Reflex because the marketing bods at Mitchells and Butlers reckoned that there were more people who would want a 90s bar the size of Flares/Babylon than a 70s bar, also the clientele had become a bit questionable - and the 80s bar sits better with an 70s place than a 90s place.

I was in Hotpants Saturday and I got 4 bottles for £10 - if that's sky high, then you must spend all night in Wetherspoons.

Cheers

If it's packed I'll have to try it again when my mates come up.

You're right about the prices at City Hall they had great deals on Tuborg beer (never seen that sold anywhere before other than Copenhagen) and Sambucca shots.

Reflex is a real dive and I felt a little out of place, what's flares like?

Can anyone recommend a good pub in Sheffield which has a disco/live bands playing popular pop/rock music with a atmosphere and where people like to get up and dance suitable for old farts like me?

Since it's gone back to once a month, it's been packed again.

Flares went downstairs at Reflex because the marketing bods at Mitchells and Butlers reckoned that there were more people who would want a 90s bar the size of Flares/Babylon than a 70s bar, also the clientele had become a bit questionable - and the 80s bar sits better with an 70s place than a 90s place.

I was in Hotpants Saturday and I got 4 bottles for £10 - if that's sky high, then you must spend all night in Wetherspoons.

Cheers

To be honest I've not been to Hotpants for a fair while so if the drinks prices have got better then fair play!

This is what the facebook page says about it:-

★★ ★ ★★★ HOT PANTS ★★ ★ ★★★

If you're in the mood for dancing then Hot Pants has the answer! Illuminated flashing dancefloors, the legendary Dean of Disco on the decks, the Boogie-All-Stars with their spectacluar 70's disco dance moves and fancy dress items that will have you ending the night as a brand new person!

Hot Pants will have you coming back every month for more. It is the ultimate party place on a Saturday night and will promise to be a night to remember! If you fancy a little blast from the 80's and 90's our second room will take your fancy as our DJ plays the best classic disco!

Hot Pants will fall on the last Saturday of every month (excluding Xmas special). We reccommend that you get there early to avoid dissapointment or buy your tickets in advance.

Hot Pants will fall on the following dates:

Saturday 27th June 09

Saturday 25th July 09

Saturday 29th August 09

Saturday 26th September 09

Saturday 31st October 09 Halloween Special!

Saturday 28th November 09

Saturday 19th December 09 for our Christmas Special!

★★ ★ ★★★ ADVANCED TICKETS ★★ ★ ★★★

You can pick up your advance tickets at £5* each (£6 on the door) from our official Hot Pants pre-bar Ruskins, in Tudor Square or Ticketweb (0870 010 4555 for phone bookings). Our advance tickets also give you queue jump! You can also pick up tickets from the City Hall Box Office.

*subject to booking fee

★★ ★ ★★★ DRINKS OFFERS! ★★ ★ ★★★

VK Bottles - 2 for £5

Tuborg Bottles - 2 for £5

Cocktail Jugs from £8

50p off your cocktail with a voucher (pick yours up on your way in!)

All offers subject to availability

Archived