Wig and Pen

bluenwhite

I dont know why people moan about food in bars ... a bar is a bar or a pub basically ... it is NOT a restaurant however much they dress it up or pretend it to be - if they advertise good as well as beer thats a bonus but really its just an addo n to entice people in ito drink more beer .. whether its weatherspoons cheap meals or the expensive wig & pen tapas I dont moean about any of it - it may be good it may be crap - if you want to eat proper food go to a restaurant NOT a bar or pub ! End of rant !

So, beacuse it's a bar it can serve bad food? (not that I am saying Wig and Pen does serve bad food!!) Wig and Pen prides itself on the food it offers - or at least that is the impression it gives. Furthermore the food is not cheap and is more expensive than a lot of restaurants in town and therefore it SHOULD have to live up to restaurant standard. No-one should excuse bad food when people are paying decent prices for it.

If you need to find a new place to go, 'the tulip lounge' just off the street (north church street) is very near the wig and pen and having had a similar experience to you all we tried the tulip lounge and it was great.

The food was well presented and delicious, and everything was well priced.

If you need to find a new place to go, 'the tulip lounge' just off the street (north church street) is very near the wig and pen and having had a similar experience to you all we tried the tulip lounge and it was great.

The food was well presented and delicious, and everything was well priced.

So whats your connection to the place? 5 posts and all of them promoting it? :suspect:

I am just now a regular in 'the tulip lounge' having eaten at the Wig and Pen a few times i was disappointed and after posting about the tulip lounge i found that it was exactly what i was looking for.

I suppose im just a satisfied customer spreading the word.

• 2 weeks later...

probably my favourite place for a drink in the city centre, i just love it. I go most fridays after work for a few drinks. The pints are a bit pricey but there is no other way to keep the people you dont want in there out. If it was cheaper you may attract some of the unsociable people who hang around at the back of the cathedral.

great bar!!!

is the tulip lounge a bar or restaurant?

Archived