Sir Fred Goodwin's House attacked

I thought that as well,listening to BBC national radio this morning I was told that forensic officers had taken away his car for further examination.The did'nt take away my Toyota Yaris when it was broken into last July.

We might be misreading the situation. Police are taxpayers, too. Maybe they just feel the need to carry out very, very detailed and lengthy investigations on Mr Goodwin's favourite car?

I thought that as well,listening to BBC national radio this morning I was told that forensic officers had taken away his car for further examination.The did'nt take away my Toyota Yaris when it was broken into last July.

But you arent a multimillionaire who is going to have the entire police force of the area looking after him

If the economy's in trouble it isn't just Fred Goodwin who is to blame. There must be a load of little Freds out there with the same kind of outlook and the same kind of pension waiting for them, only on a smaller scale. Breaking Sir Fred's windows won't make them more competent at work or more moderate in their ambitions, it'll just make them think they need to get their hands on a lot more money so they'll be safe from retaliation later.

Vandalism like that isn't on IMO. He may have had a hand in decisions that brought about some of the financial trouble in the economy, but he signed up to a contract offered to do a job.

That this particular job offered the best package is why he took the job, as would anyone else.

Assuming the contract/pension arrangements have no performance related clause in there then there is no reason he should have to return the money. He is simply doing what everyone else tries to do every day of the week - improve life/future for his family.

Would people demand footballers return their huge salaries/club pension contributions if they failed to score and their team were demoted to a lower league?

A futile gesture. Pathetic really. Envy, pure and simple.

Goodwin attracts the wrath of the feeble minded. He is seen as a person to blame for the current crisis. He played his part but it's the hoi polloi who are to blame for swallowing the "live now pay later" mentality hook, line and sinker.

As if a few bricks will make the slightest difference to him.

Archived