Publisher info needed

hi ev1 a long shot i know but here goes:

i have an 18 yr old daughter who has (and still is) suffered from anorexia for the last 7 yrs . during this time she has put pen to paper in the form of poetry . though most of this work is eating disorder orientated and about her feelings of depression and how she feels at that aprticular time most of it is pretty good work (although i am biased this is also the feeling of some other people that have read it )

she is looking for a genuine outlet to get her work seen and possibly help other people suffering at the same time .

any one with any info please reply to this

thank you ev1 in advance

john

Make sure she doesn't get entangled with a vanity press. There are several print-on-demand companies around which she could use to print the books (lulu.com is the most well-known), so she'd only pay for the books she actually bought--but she'd still have to find a way to sell the books herself. Which is very difficult.

I have seen a website where you can upload your work and they will promote it and publish it for you, they will take some comission in case any books are sold. I do not remember the website but I am sure you can Google it.

Regards

• 2 months later...

i have an 18 yr old daughter who has (and still is) suffered from anorexia for the last 7 yrs . during this time she has put pen to paper in the form of poetry . though most of this work is eating disorder orientated and about her feelings of depression and how she feels at that aprticular time most of it is pretty good work (although i am biased this is also the feeling of some other people that have read it )

she is looking for a genuine outlet to get her work seen and possibly help other people suffering at the same time .

thank you ev1 in advance

john

The best resource is the Writers and Artists yearbook. It is available from the city library if you don't fancy buying it.

I think your only choice will be self publishing.

Keith

thank you ev1 in advance

john

Hi

I will soon be launching an e-book publishing website. The site will feature books by new and established authors which are bought by being downloaded into computors or mobile phones.

There is no charge to be be featured on the site and I pay 50% commision.

Will you let me know if you are intersted in this?

Keith

Archived