Bored with HaHa & All Bar one; any recommendations?

Hello,

We usually go out once a week mid week for a a bite to eat & bottle of wine. The usual haunts are HaHa bar, All Bar one, Marias or the Indian Chef (I live in Crookes).

Can anyone give me any ideas of somewhere new to try, looking for similar type of food to Ha Ha bar & a decent wine list is essential!

Many Thanks

Carrie x

I don't know if the Lions Lair is still open (I heard they were in trouble) next to Cole Brothers, but the food was ok there (if not a bit expensive)

Riverside Bar on Mowbray Street (end of Corporation Street) isn't bad. The food is of an acceptable standard and reasonably priced, it's a smart & comfortable venue and to drink I am happy with the beer range - about 4 different real ales and range of Belgium Beers, plus German Warsteiner Lager. There appears to be a good choice of wines too but I cannot vouch for that!

There are loads of places to try. In the past three or four weeks I've eaten out at:-

Mashouse (7 out of ten)

Hanrahan's (8)

Shiny Sheff (7)

Three Merry Lads (8)

Mama and Amalfi's (8)

Piccolo's (9)

Cross Scythes (Totley) (7)

Clay Oven (5)

Storymakers (Rotherham) (4)

and no doubt some others I can't remember. Get out there and give 'em all a go!

Archived