R S V P a proper dive

CorkerSWFC

We went to rsvp today to grab some munch with my young lad and little girl, , i have eat there before and its been average to say the least but a good price.

The place was filthy and looked like it had not been cleaned properly from the night before, they had took the kids menu off and basiclly looked in disaray.

We ordered our food and sat there waiting for it the next minute i heard a fella saying that he had been waiting half an hour for a plate of chips, i went to the bar and spoke to the manager Ian i think his name was to ask him how long it would be and he just didnt even listen atall and started serving another customer, i thought stuff this told the two blokes at the bar that they were ignorant u knows and asked for my money back from the gaffer.

They should concentrate on the beer side of things cause the food and service is bloody awful.

We went to rsvp today to grab some munch with my young lad and little girl, , i have eat there before and its been average to say the least but a good price.

The place was filthy and looked like it had not been cleaned properly from the night before, they had took the kids menu off and basiclly looked in disaray.

....and you continued with the order?!

I agree.

It used to be a pleasant place to take the family on a Sunday (or in the week when the girls were off school). Food was okay, beer okay and surroundings pleasant enough.

Now it looks tired with worn sofas and bar stools which need skipping. I also have to say that the Gents' bogs are the smelliest in any city centre pub I know.

RSVP's loss is Ha! Ha!'s gain.

This place (RSVP) is closing and being refurbished and then re-opening as a Slug & Lettuce:thumbsup:

I haven't been in the place for years.

Slug and Lettuce? really? Thats interesting.....used to be one on Ecclesall Road did there not?

They were originally part of Grosvenor Inns the chain was bought by SFI group who went into administration in 2005 and were purchased by Laurel Pub Company.. Laurel subsequently went into administration in March 2008 and the chain was acquired by Bay Restaurants Group...the saga continues........

Archived