Where is good for lunch in Sheffield City Centre on a Saturday?

Dark Moomin

Hi All,

For the first time in a long time I will be in town and looking for lunch on Saturday. Hopefully we will be able to take some time over it and was wo ndering if anyone could recommend some good places to try.

Doesn't reall ymatter what part of town its in, or what sort of cuisine. I would prefer somewhere independant (if such places still exist!!).

So where are your favourite lunching spots?

Cheers!

DM

Blue Moon and the Forum are our favourites.....Forum is good if you have a pushchair - lots of space. The only criticism of Blue Moon is a lack of space to be honest.....plus I've not yet seen a member of staff smile...

Which one is blue moon? Is that the one by the catherdral?

The Forum is good. They sell a very acceptable Donkey and French Fries.

The Fries come included in the price.

Whenever I go there I sing that old Dire Straits song:

'' Money for Muffin,

And your chips for free. ''

I agree - those donkey burgers have quite a kick! Best place to go in town if you're looking for a nice piece of ass.

I vote for the Old House - scrummy food, lovely staff and a nice atmosphere. Especially if you can get the sofas by the window and watch the world go by. Or at least watch Dev Street go by! Blue Moon is good too. I like the food in the Forum but I always find it a bit loud at lunchtime.

Which one is blue moon? Is that the one by the catherdral?

Thats the one. Its vege...I'm not a vege myself, and I wouldn't have chosen it myself to be honest, but my other half is a vege and took me in there. The wraps are good and the vegan choccy cake is great....which I would not have believed...in fact all the cakes are good.

Ignore the others about the Forum, its quite good in my view...and its not that loud, we go in there with a 2 year old...its quite relaxing in the glass area overlooking Dev green.

Just down the road from the Forum - back towards town. Used to be Halcyon.

Agreed, the Forum is good - esp when you can sit outside on the terrace (maybe not the weather for that yet). I must have been unlucky with the volume when I've been in recently (or maybe I'm getting old!!!)

Just down the road from the Forum - back towards town. Used to be Halcyon.

Agreed, the Forum is good - esp when you can sit outside on the terrace (maybe not the weather for that yet). I must have been unlucky with the volume when I've been in recently (or maybe I'm getting old!!!)

Ah I know the one now.

Thanks!!

Archived