Ouija boards do they work? have you ever used one?

You can create your own ouija board because I always used to when I used them on a regular basis. used to simply write letters on paper and place them around the middle of a board and place a glass in the middle.

At one time the old Ouija boards which have the letters in rows and a pointer were sold and marketed as board games/toys, very popular in the early 20th C, in the wake of the Golden Dawn. I believe Waddingtons (makers of Monopoly) sold them. They may have been withdrawn from sale after not that many years in the UK but I think are still on sale in the US.

And yes, I've used them, and no, I wouldn't advise it if you're at all sensitive! I ceased to use them after an experience where the glass lifted from the board and flew through the air and smashed into a mirror. Until then it was interesting, and occasionally very troubling, but that made me cease using them. I've no idea if they are operable through 'spirits' or if its the subconscious of the users moving the glass, but either way, they do work, and it can be quite disturbing. We'd get archaic and foreign spellings, even poor spellings, presumably from non-literate 'spirits' (or latent subconscious memories!). We had someone who was elsewhere at the time experience a 'visitation' from what we had been communicating with.

I'd never use one in my own home nowadays - even if they operate through the subconscious as opposed to 'spirits' I would feel uncomfortable about it. :o

I want to paint one, but my friend has told me not too, lol. I like painting unusual things, I'm just in the process of redecorating my guitar, and would love my next project to be a board. Would anyone else advise against this?? I'm kinda put off a little after my friend told me not too.

I want to paint one, but my friend has told me not too, lol. I like painting unusual things, I'm just in the process of redecorating my guitar, and would love my next project to be a board. Would anyone else advise against this?? I'm kinda put off a little after my friend told me not too.

Well its only really a board with stuff painted on it until you start using it, and even if you do, whether you find it creepy all depends on how much stock you put in it really being 'spirits' that contact you - if anything does contact you that is.

You certainly wouldn't have to be 'cursed' with it forever if you decided to get rid, like you see in daft horror films! ;)

I have one under my bed gathering dust, as my hubby doesn't like me using it. The last time I used it was in a caravan at Filey on Halloween. Not much happened to be honest, but my hubby has blamed all our bad luck since on 'That stupid board'

Wow i'm impressed. What about using one in Whitby on Halloween :cool: Whitby is a super cool place for Ouja Boards :hihi:

As a magician I often use ouija boards (and tarot cards) as props. See my "haunted house meet" thread for details of a cool spooky night I'm planning http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127449. I often wonder why ouija boards get such bad press. I guess it's thanks to Hollywood and the various urban myth type stories that one hears. I use these irrational fears to good effect in my magic shows, and I think that that is exactly where real magic resides - in the wonderful human mind.

Ouija boards are manufactured by the same people who make board games such as Monopoly. Tarot cards are made by the same people who make playing cards & top trump cards. They're not made by some mystical forces, rather by some guy named Stan and his huge great cardboard printing machine. It is the human mind that lends them magical properties. Think about it.

As a magician I often use ouija boards (and tarot cards) as props. See my "haunted house meet" thread for details of a cool spooky night I'm planning http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=127449. I often wonder why ouija boards get such bad press. I guess it's thanks to Hollywood and the various urban myth type stories that one hears. I use these irrational fears to good effect in my magic shows, and I think that that is exactly where real magic resides - in the wonderful human mind.

Ouija boards are manufactured by the same people who make board games such as Monopoly. Tarot cards are made by the same people who make playing cards & top trump cards. They're not made by some mystical forces, rather by some guy named Stan and his huge great cardboard printing machine. It is the human mind that lends them magical properties. Think about it.

I agree they are more part of the human mind. I used one once and the glass made erratic movements, the candle light went out and the tap in the kitchen were I was using the ouija board let out a jet of water. I crapped myself at the time but I believe it may have all been either coincidence or ouija boards are just a gateway to our own minds etra powers and thus my mind actually caused these 3 incidents. I doubt dark forces or even light forces would be bothered with this board but then again who knows???:help:

• 4 months later...

Archived