Search about Family History "Enting"

Enting

Hello

my name is Kerstin. I am from Germany and I looking for people know something about William and Anne Enting.

William Enting was the uncle of my Grandfather. He goes to Uk for long time. I have following Dates about him:

William Enting (parents: Johann Wilhelm Enting and Maria Anna Enting geb. Florack)

birth 19. February 1848 in Bocholt Germany

death March 1926 in Ecclesall Bierlow - Derbyshire -Yorkshire-West Riding

Marriage 23. Januar or in March 1875 in Sheffield South Yorkshire - West Riding

Anne Enting

birth 1846 or 1847 Yorkshire

Death Jun 1911 Ecclesall Bierlow - Derbyshire-Yorkshire West Riding

I don't know about any childeren...Could you me say ..if Mary Ann Enting Birth 1884 is someone...

Or more Information about this people?

For more Information I'm very lucky thank you

sg

kerstin

Hi Kerstin

I have looked at the census in 1881 and 1891. William and Ann are there in the Brightside district of Sheffield but there are no children. William's occupation is hotel waiter/head waiter.

Mary Ann Enting I can only find in 1901, where she is a housemaid in St Ebbe, born in Ramsden, Oxfordshire. So it doesn't appear that she is related to William and Ann.

Hope that is of some help.

I believe that Mary Ann 'Enting' in 1901 is a mistaken transcription of Mary Ann PANTING, born MAR Qtr 1885 (Witney R.D., which includes Ramsden).

William and Ann had moved to Ecclesall by 1901, indexed by Ancestry as 'ENSING'.

White's 1919/20 Directory has...

30 Button Lane

Enting William, dining rooms

Hugh

Assuming that Anne is Anne (Annie) Elizabeth ARMINSON born in York, she is included in two trees at Ancestry, one of them private. The public one doesn't have any information for her after the 1861 census.

Hugh

In the Sheffield kellys directory 1911 list a William Enting at 64 Brincliffe edge road occupation not given, this was and is a nice area so must have worked hard to achieve this.

Ps the directory only lists the first house holder so does not list wifes or children.

Regards Roy.

Hello

thank you very much for so many answers and for the help. Sorry that my English isn't so good....

Some question more:

@ retep what do you mean with "63b" and "65b" York. I dont know what that means...

@hutch what is "kellys directory"? Is this a directory for a part of a town? Can this list give Information if there were any other Enting live in Sheffield?

@hugh W. 30 Button Lane Is that a adress from the hotel (diner room) oder who he at last life?

Thank you all

schöne Grüße from Germany

Kerstin

Hello

thank you very much for so many answers and for the help. Sorry that my English isn't so good....

Some question more:

@ retep what do you mean with "63b" and "65b" York. I dont know what that means...

@hutch what is "kellys directory"? Is this a directory for a part of a town? Can this list give Information if there were any other Enting live in Sheffield?

@hugh W. 30 Button Lane Is that a adress from the hotel (diner room) oder who he at last life?

Thank you all

schöne Grüße from Germany

Kerstin

Age 63 born Gemany age 65 born York

In 1891 census records they were at 13 Shirecliffe Lane, should be where the central cross is on this map,

http://www.flashearth.com/?lat=53.400966&lon=-1.467599&z=16.5&r=0&src=msl

Looking on the 1901 census here,

http://www.1901censusonline.com/search.asp?wci=ei_search_with_locale

they are the only two Enting's in the country.

And hutch' address should read- 64 Brincliffe Edge Road.

Number 30 is definitely commercial premises, and he may have been living, as we say, 'over the shop' (that is, in the same building as his business).

If you go to Picture Sheffield you can find images of Button Lane. There are several which must include this building but it is not labelled. Some of them are photos of 18-22 Button Lane which was the Angel Inn (Pub).

(to get to the search page from the front page, click on 'search picture sheffield' in the left hand menu, and then click 'search database' at bottom centre).

Hugh

Archived