Cheap ale wanted

charlotte85

so by your logic that means everyone who goes in there is lowlife inbred scum then? :loopy:

that is not logic.....no pub is 100% scum or 100% not scum....lets just say there is a fair % of criminals and nasties who frequent there.....the Police are there all the time, I see it every day practically......unless you reside adjacent to it all the time, you have no idea of the trouble that goes off in there, so check your facts, I know mine are correct....

ha ha ha, as if I want to sell beer for 99 pence.....I prefer to make money not lose it....and are u a regular of the ******s draft??? The trouble that comes out of that place all the time is well documented, the Police are there nearly every night!!!!!!!

I would say the bankers is making money and will be open a lot longer than the dove will be. I have been past the dove in mid afternoon and its been closed, wheras the bankers opens early in the morning. I use the bankers myself before going on a pub crawl round town

I would say the bankers is making money and will be open a lot longer than the dove will be. I have been past the dove in mid afternoon and its been closed, wheras the bankers opens early in the morning. I use the bankers myself before going on a pub crawl round town

The Dove opens at 4pm, we have done so for a long time now, and we are quite comfortable thank you..of course the Bankers makes more money, it is about 20 times bigger than us:loopy: (and 20 times more expensive to run!!!) May I point out that the Bankers Draft has been there since 1988, thats 21 years, and has not altered our core trade, since we go for a totally different market than Weatherspoons do...The Dove trade has in fact grown significantly in the last 2 years since we refocused as a rock and real ale pub, and we have a loyal and very dedicated core set of regulars....

..and yes they open at 10am.... and the street drinkers always wait at the door to get their fix of cheap cider as soon as door opens.:gag:....I know which pub I would rather have thank you....its rare we ever have to call the Police out, but the Police are regularly next door dealing with the idiots...

The Dove opens at 4pm, we have done so for a long time now, and we are quite comfortable thank you..of course the Bankers makes more money, it is about 20 times bigger than us:loopy: (and 20 times more expensive to run!!!)

..and yes they open at 10am.... and the street drinkers always wait at the door to get their fix of cheap cider as soon as door opens.:gag:....I know which pub I would rather have thank you....its rare we ever have to call the Police out, but the Police are regularly next door dealing with the idiots...

I know which one I would rather go into, one that dont have music in and where you can get a drink without being ripped off:thumbsup:

I know which one I would rather go into, one that dont have music in and where you can get a drink without being ripped off:thumbsup:

that is your choice if you don't like our music, but I think the term 'ripped off' is a bit harsh....we are relativelystandard city centre pub prices, comparing us to a mega cheap outlet like Spoons is not exactly a fair comparison surely....everyone is more expensive than Spoons, with the possible exception of Scream pubs on Monday nights who do £1 a pint deals....our prices are below average in fact for the area compared to pubs near us, check out the Wig and pen 100 yards up the road, they cost much more than us for example....

that is your choice if you don't like our music, but I think the term 'ripped off' is a bit harsh....we are relativelystandard city centre pub prices, comparing us to a mega cheap outlet like Spoons is not exactly a fair comparison surely....everyone is more expensive than Spoons, with the possible exception of Scream pubs on Monday nights who do £1 a pint deals....our prices are below average in fact for the area compared to pubs near us, check out the Wig and pen 100 yards up the road, they cost much more than us for example....

The wig always has been expensive, ever since I started going uptown nearly 30 years ago, because of the clientele it mostly attracts, professionals like solicitors.

The wig always has been expensive, ever since I started going uptown nearly 30 years ago, because of the clientele it mostly attracts, professionals like solicitors.

Yeah but its a local to us, so it serves as an illustration if you like, the other end of the scale to the Bankers for example. We are placed in the middle, similar pricing to Dog and Partridge, Grapes, Fagins, etc, not a lot of difference in our prices as an average if you leave out the 'special offers', etc.....

I wouldn't go in the BD for the reasons that goldenfleece raises above.

Yeah you can get a pint for 99p but you know its going to be crap- its like them ikea hotdogs- there 20p or something but they have never seen a piece of meat! horrible!

Im no snob but i like to be able to relax when i have a drink- and you just can't in that pub, its horrible.

I wouldn't go in the BD for the reasons that goldenfleece raises above.

Yeah you can get a pint for 99p but you know its going to be crap- its like them ikea hotdogs- there 20p or something but they have never seen a piece of meat! horrible!

Im no snob but i like to be able to relax when i have a drink- and you just can't in that pub, its horrible.

To be fair to other posters, its not the MAJORITY of customers in there, but a hardcore of 'nasties' who hang about and give it a bad name. Last time I ventured in within 5 seconds I was called a 'long haired ****' by a very unpleasant and large tattoed skinhead with some attitude problem, and 20 seconds later, by another less than respectable very large coloured gentlemen at the bar I was told I would be held down and have my head shaved and if I struggled my throat would be cut....... I refused to be intimidated (running a pub makes you VERY thick skinned!!!) and just sat down and ignored them, and after a few more insults they got bored and started picking on some poor old guy having a quiet pint at the other end....the staff did NOTHING, and they have no door staff there any more so its a real magnet for low life at times...

Archived