Anyone live/lived on a houseboat at Victoria Quays?

Me and my husband are thinking of selling up and buying a dutch barge to live on but want to stay in Sheffield if possible. Looking for anyone with any advice or knowledge of what it's like or whether there are any moorings/restrictions etc. Loads of info on the net but don't know where to start and would prefer some real people with real-life experiences to give us some ideas!

Cheers

My younger brother has lived on a houseboat with his wife and 3 dogs for 2 years now. They're moored near Atherstone and I don't think they'd switch the lifestyle.

Plus, he does have internet access as he's constantly posting on facebook.

If you google there are several live-a-board forums.

Of course they would have an internet connection lol

Wifi? Or are you wired up to the mainland?

I imagine a houseboat as a narrow wooden thing attached to the riverbank by a rope. Perhaps this is as out of date as Gypsy Caravans.

Wifi? Or are you wired up to the mainland?

I imagine a houseboat as a narrow wooden thing attached to the riverbank by a rope. Perhaps this is as out of date as Gypsy Caravans.

I do too, I could imagine waking up and being surrounded by that tall marshland grass...bit like The Africa Queen movie. :hihi: Give me dry land anytime.

My younger brother has lived on a houseboat with his wife and 3 dogs for 2 years now. They're moored near Atherstone and I don't think they'd switch the lifestyle.

Plus, he does have internet access as he's constantly posting on facebook.

If you google there are several live-a-board forums.

Oops, I meant narrow boat. He'd have a hissy fit if he saw me refer to it as a houseboat. :blush:

You want to hire one for a month preferably whith a bit of bad weather thrown in, i am possitive that you will never look at a boat again never mind live on one they are worse than a 4 berth caravan whith 8 living in it. Now someone will tell you how good it is probably the same ones trying to sell you there boat, if you are into draughty, water leaks, cold, rough bath and toilet facilities, then i think you will be ok, one thing that is good is they dont have leterboxes

Archived