Anyone live/lived on a houseboat at Victoria Quays?

One of our customers live on a houseboat, they have a new born baby and a rabbit and love this way of life.

I hope they take into concideration the baby will be a virual prisoner on the boat till he or she can swim and untill then keeping an eye on the child will be a nightmare take it from me i have been there

• 1 year later...
You want to hire one for a month preferably whith a bit of bad weather thrown in, i am possitive that you will never look at a boat again never mind live on one they are worse than a 4 berth caravan whith 8 living in it.

We have a home and a narrow-boat so we can go between them both - We prefer the boat and spend most of our weekends aboard. Everyone has their own perspective of boats.

Now someone will tell you how good it is probably the same ones trying to sell you there boat, if you are into draughty, water leaks, cold, rough bath and toilet facilities, then i think you will be ok, one thing that is good is they dont have leterboxes

Ours is very warm, wood burning stove for central heating and hot water for the bath, shower and toilet. The boat has no water leaks, and comes complete with a comfortable bed - satellite TV - internet - etc.

We love it.

mick

I hope they take into concideration the baby will be a virual prisoner on the boat till he or she can swim and untill then keeping an eye on the child will be a nightmare take it from me i have been there

Aren't kids virtual prisoners in their homes until they are 21 these days anyway ?

I thought there was a waiting list for moorings down there, you might want to check.

Victoria Quays is a private marina and not part of British Waterways. BW auction all of their moorings and highest bid wins.

I understand that there are vacancies in the marina at VQ.

Mick

The O P sid a Dutch barge which are considerably more roomy than narrow boats from what I have seen.

Dutch Barge is a "style" of boat build. There are narrow and wide beam types. As they say - size does not matter.... You can have a roomy narrow and a cluttered widebeam.... It all depends on the fitting out.

Mick

Living on a boat wouldn't bother me, but sleeping practically under the Parkway would!

Local traffic noise is not a problem at VQ. However, some of the drunken revellers returning home on an evening can be quite loud!

mick

Archived