On The Manor TV Series From the 80s

yes he di dlook after him as did the people in sandwich shop.. i alwasy say hello to troggy when i see him and he alwasy remebers those that have been kind to him over the years

he sure does remember people who looked after him,so he isnt the stupid person people think he is ,troggys problem is he trusts everyone and he gets nasty when he realises people let him down.

It was Troggy who lent my partner the DVD of the series. Was watchin it last nite, my dad who died recently was on it, was great to see him.

Wondered too, how many people on the series are still alive today.

Was good to watch, loved the manor in those days.

• 2 weeks later...

When was the program made? I remember it and lived on Hastilar Road across from the rec in 85/86.

Nice to see a pic of Troggy in the link above, shame he's getting picked on by chavs. Used to say 'how do' to him when he passed but wouldn't have dared to give him any lip!

I remember once I went to explore the derelict church on Prince of Wales Road with some mates and Troggy was already in there harvesting the scrap. :)

oh old "troggy" i remember him walking down fretson rd with his wheelbarrow with a reg plate saying troggy 1.he had a 6/8ft plank of wood across the barrow & would walk down the middle of the rd with the bus behind him with the driver ranting and raving and troggy laughing his sox off.

troggy had a terrible life his parents used to make him sleep in the coalhouse and take all his benefits,

i remember he was allowed to sleep in the old garage at the back of the manor hotel,he had amattress and a bedside cabinet with an old broke telephone at the side.he thought he was in a 5* hotel

i remember one of the regulars brian mangle asking him to get him some worms for fishing and old troggy came walking in the pub with a barrow load of muck and tipped it out worms an all in the front bar.

i used to say to him troggs if u want to come in here tonight you best have a bath and there hed be at 7pm clean as a button:hihi:

i also remember he collected so much wood at the back of the pub and was gutted when the landlord took it all to the magnet pub for their bonfire because someone at southey had set fire to it early.

troggy went bollistic.

i used to drink with brian mangle,and sometimes i would fish with him,i gave him the nickname " dry nets" because he never caught anything :hihi:

as for troggy, new him well,a good lad under that muck

My half brother was interviewed on the series. He used to keep pigeons just off city road. Would love o see this series again. If anyone fancies doing me a copy for a reasonable price I'm open to offers :)