Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

remember it as both capital and essaldo quite a plush cinema at the side of the ritz

used to get chips and a cake from shop at back of pics and sit on wall to eat them

remember seeing my first james bond film there with my girl friend it was DR NO great film watched all the others as they came out and read all the books

The first time I went to the cap (Essoldo) on my own I saw Old Yeller - I cried at the end and saw it again as an adult, guess what I still cried - same with Greyfriars Bobby:roll::roll::roll:

I'm 65 and also remember it as the Capital. I used to go there , or the Ritz, in the late fifties for the Saturday matinee.

there was also the "bug Hut " in Ecclesfield , but for the life of me I can't remember what we called the one at Shiregreen

The first time I went to the cap (Essoldo) on my own I saw Old Yeller -

I went with a gang to see Clockwork Orange and had to lie about my age to get in. Enjoyed it so much we ended up going three consecutive nights. The soundtrack was superb, and I still have the eight-track. :)

The chippy at the back is now a house.

theres also diane, i think shes still in the same house on butchill although i heard a rumour she might be moving to oz aswel

I'd forgotten about Diane. I still see Mick - I'll ask if she is moving to Oz.

Hi,bushbaby,would it be the Paragon on Sicey ave.at Firth park, that you were thinking of?Spent many happy hours in there,having lived my early life on the Shiregreen.My brother and i used to go to the Capitol every saturday afternoon,as we lived close by on Hartley brook rd,close to Molineaux.happy days,eightlegger.