Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

There's an interesting Parson Cross nostalgia article in today's Sheffield Telegraph.

Just read it Steve - well done. Mansell Youth Club and Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep - oh the memories! What about the lighting too in that room - teeth looked sparkling white but you had to be careful what you wore!

Yeah - white underwear glowing through a dark top :) Got me through a few long winter nights

Ha!

Did you hear the wonderful Christine McVie (Perfect that was) singing on Chicken Shacks 'I'd rather go blind' on SOTS this morning. One of my favourite songs, which I've still got on a 45. One that I managed to keep away from you obviously!!

Ha!

Did you hear the wonderful Christine McVie (Perfect that was) singing on Chicken Shacks 'I'd rather go blind' on SOTS this morning. One of my favourite songs, which I've still got on a 45. One that I managed to keep away from you obviously!!

I did and it was beautiful. I remember you introduced me to Stan Webb and I've been a fan ever since.

Another one of their's I loved was "Tears in the Wind"

Yep

After a very long labour, my daughter had a baby boy on Thursday. He's called Rio and is, of course, lovely (Think Mike Nesmith rather than Duran Duran)

Mom and son both doing fine

Its only a whimsical notion,it must be one hell of a flight.....His mother invented tip-ex you know....Mike Nesmith`s,not Bushbaby`s.

Its only a whimsical notion,it must be one hell of a flight.....His mother invented tip-ex you know....Mike Nesmith`s,not Bushbaby`s.

I don't know why but I did know that!!

I did and it was beautiful. I remember you introduced me to Stan Webb and I've been a fan ever since.

Another one of their's I loved was "Tears in the Wind"

Ah, the brilliant Stan Webb. Are you glad you were introduced all those years ago. Absolutely fantastic, I just love his stuff but must say the haunting voice of Christine McVie on that track is wonderful.

Thanks Richard, what number was your house? I'll ask my mum if she remembers.

93 did stand out because my nan and grandad bought it from the council and had it re-clad while the council kept all the others in the same style. They sold it back to the council when they moved but the cladding is still on.

I also remember there was some kind of childrens home behind their house, must have been on Halifax Rd. You could sometimes hear them playing but never saw them, it was a bit weird. The house right at the bottom of Mansel Cres next to the Chinese always seemed to have an overgrown garden and I remember thinking as a kid it must have been a drugs den or something!

Hiya my name is mick & i used 2 live in the childrens home on halifax rd, 2 b fair it wasnt weird we all went 2 school up there mansel & yewlands respectively. wot is weird is i cant seem 2 find any 1 else who lived there, do u remember the fairbrothers they used 2 live on the same road as u, also any 1 u remember frm school that may b able 2 help me, id really appreciate any help u may b able 2 offer, thank u 4 taking the time 2 read this. regards, mick

Hiya my name is mick & i used 2 live in the childrens home on halifax rd,

The only name I knew from the home was Martin Keenan, who lived there in the 60's and was in my class at Tommy More's

Jonathan Firth was there around the same time.