Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

George was same age as our Bob ,Baz Winskill and Paul White (55_56 ish ) but went to Colley used to see him around Chap driving a mini sweeper but not for ages now .

Paul White (Doc) taught me how to blow spit bubbles - an art which has served me well on three continents

:headbang:

George was same age as our Bob ,Baz Winskill and Paul White (55_56 ish ) but went to Colley used to see him around Chap driving a mini sweeper but not for ages now .

QUOTE Sorry Tash I thought it was Angus that was the same age as Your Bob .

is Angus older? Dont really know why I remember his name and not George

Angus was a year older than us Alan ,same age as Mick Witheford and Lefty Wright,but George ,our Bob etc were 3 years older ,I.e we are 53 now and they will all be turning 56 now ,Angus will be 54 going on 55 next .

Edited by Chap BLADE

Paul is on facebook under Snowy White

Works as a contractor in places like Afghanistan I believe after leaving the army

Paul's on facebook under Chalky White and we used to call him tommy, wernt doc there John's nickname.

Paul's on facebook under Chalky White and we used to call him tommy, wernt doc there John's nickname.

Their mum and dad were Beagle regulars. Bill was a good darts player. Mum died quite young sadly - she was lovely.

I think the nickname "Doc" was kinda generic for anyone called White, for obvious reasons. Paul and I were in the army at the same time but our paths never crossed. The only time I met up with him was at Childrens Hospital when our two kids were in the next beds to each other. We could both still blow spit bubbles :nod:

"Paul is on facebook under Snowy White " **** me hes on my lists n`all ,course its Chalky.

Sorry

The Doc came for obviuos reasons and I remeber having a hasty hand shoved over my mouth as a 7 or 8 year old as I regailed a family gathering with reasons why our mates were known as Doc White

His sisters Linda and Shirley are on FB too I think but not sure about the youngest Carol

The lads names developed

John was known as Jack

Paul was Tommy (Doc)

Phil was Pip

Steve and Martin never really had knicknames that I recall

Bill had a leg removed a couple of years back due to hardening of the arteries ,went to se him in NG as he was in same time as a mate ,he was still up beat and after a fag LOL

Their mum and dad were Beagle regulars. Bill was a good darts player. Mum died quite young sadly - she was lovely.

I think the nickname "Doc" was kinda generic for anyone called White, for obvious reasons. Paul and I were in the army at the same time but our paths never crossed. The only time I met up with him was at Childrens Hospital when our two kids were in the next beds to each other. We could both still blow spit bubbles :nod:

Hi Bushbaby (enjoyed the book G R I thought 80% of it was obout me, uncanny? )I lived strieght across road from paul at 61 knutton crescent was born there in 1955 left in 1977 I knocked about with Paul and bob Ashford up to Paul joining the army, never seen him since but had brief contact with him on facebook

It was actually made of cinder ash in the early 1960s. When you walked up it you got bits inside your shoe, and it sounded like an army marching..

When we were kids in the mid 50's we'd ride up the cinder path to Grenoside every summer Sunday on our little bikes with Mum & Dad (on foot) for a drink outside the Red Lion. We called the cinder path Humpty Dumpty Lane because it was hilly (well, were only very little, the bumps seemed huge). We'd get an ear bashing about getting the cinders in our tyres - "because they don't grow on trees tha knows."