Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

sorry to hear about wally ,wondered why i hadnt see him about

for a few weeks.

is the pete atkin aka jocky ?

r.i.p wally

No its Bernard Atkins(late dart player at the Beagle)son used to live on Yew Lane The one your thinking about lived on Knutton cres many years ago.

queens coronation was 52, theyre currently building a new school on the mansel site to replace the existing building, its almost complete, i'll try & get a picture of the new building once theyve removed all the scaffolding

It's not replacing mansel, that's staying as it is. They are relocating Woolley wood school, that's what's been built. X

Babysenior, this must be Tracey, hi this is Deb Cannon (yes still a Cannon)

I can remember the day the garage slab fell on you, our Steve was horrified. Its good to hear your mum is ok. As it nearly Bonfire night I can rememer the Bonfire party we used to have on your back garden with your mum in the kitchen making toffee and goodies for all us kids. Living on the cross was good good at that time. All the neighbours were your auntie and the back doors were always open, unlike today where all doors are securely locked. them were the days !

Hi Deb - this is Kate Camm (sister of your ex brother-in-law) - how are you? Hope Viv is ok, pass on my best wishes to her. Many fond memories. xx

Hi Kath hope your well.The Gate and Travellers are to be demolished very soon. A Sainsburys is to be built on site. Penny.xx

Not another supermarket Penny! Yes am fine, eldest daughter got married 30 Sept so been very busy. Hope all ok with you and Neil xx

!

Hi Debbie

Bonfire night at 405 was always a bit spesh. Neighbours used to chip in to make it all work. Even Hilda Fairchild knocked up a tray of parkin to go with the toffee apples and slab of bonfire toffee.

The Guy Fawkes always looked a bit like Eddie Bedstead (Sam)

We used to go back early next morning to get the roast potatoes out of the ashes....

Just goes to show I thought Wally died years back, must have been Alf I was thinking about.

Big Bernard brings back memories he used to whistle louder than anyone I ever heard. He dumped an old Hillman car in the corner of the field behind his house we played in it for years and he dropped a bit of a bollock by putting a gate in his back fence as a short cut to the Beagle, problem was it became a short cut for all us kids off Yew Lane:hihi:

Debbie I was at Mansel with your sister Viv, she went to Colley and I went to Yewlands, last I heard from her back on Friends Reunited a few years back she was working for HSBC down south. Hope shes ok

Edited by Chap BLADE