Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

joto

bernard atkin had 3 children 2 with his first wife who died quite young

david and june ann he married again and had peter

remember he had a dog called flick who used to come with us where ever we went swear she thought she was one of the gang

Hi Debbie

Bonfire night at 405 was always a bit spesh. Neighbours used to chip in to make it all work. Even Hilda Fairchild knocked up a tray of parkin to go with the toffee apples and slab of bonfire toffee.

The Guy Fawkes always looked a bit like Eddie Bedstead (Sam)

We used to go back early next morning to get the roast potatoes out of the ashes....

I remember one year Harry Fairchild built a new fence that took him ages ,day after bonfire night the fence was gone wonder were that went:o:o

Babysenior, this must be Tracey, hi this is Deb Cannon (yes still a Cannon)

I can remember the day the garage slab fell on you, our Steve was horrified. Its good to hear your mum is ok. As it nearly Bonfire night I can rememer the Bonfire party we used to have on your back garden with your mum in the kitchen making toffee and goodies for all us kids. Living on the cross was good good at that time. All the neighbours were your auntie and the back doors were always open, unlike today where all doors are securely locked. them were the days !

Hi ya Deb,Gary here Mum passed away April last year. hope your ok how's your Steve and Viv ? Does your Mum still live on Deerlands?

joto

remember he had a dog called flick who used to come with us where ever we went swear she thought she was one of the gang

Peter was the youngest to Bernards first wife who died when Peter was five years old .He married his second wife Irene who had two kids of her own,

Yvonne and Chris

i remember the night he died. He was in the beagle, throwing for double six, when a coughin fit started so he went outside for some air, and sat on the wall.

Never got up!

:(

i've always stayed away from double six since then.

you the grim reaper???

joto

I grew up on Milnrow Rd, and I think the Atkin's I knew were a different family. Their house was attached to ours but we were in a corner house, so we lived on the road as said and they lived on Milnrow Drive. The oldest I'm sure was called either Arthur or Bernard, there was a daughter who'd be around 70 now called if I remember Pauline, then there was David, the youngest Jacqueline who would be 65 now. On the same road as me was another Atkin family, Margaret ( my best friend) Sandra, Barbara, and Susan. I wonder if any of these ex neighbours of mine come on this forum.

I( was born in Parson Cross in 1940 when people were friendly and were quite prepared to help their neighbours. I now feel sorry for the people who cannot get away from the area which seems to have become not unlike Beirut with problems.