Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Most people who live on the cross or lived on the cross know of Walt. He used to live on Knutton Rd. I was brought up on the cross moved around a bit and came back to the cross. My mum still lives on Rokeby drive and my nanand grandad have lived on Holgate Ave and has done so since the houses were built. My other nan and grandad used to live on Deerlands Ave just before the Adlington roundabout. some of the names of families bring back memories. I went to Monteney infants, Juniors and then Colley. There used to be a blind man that used to stand on the bottom corner of Rokeby Road he was scary at first to all the kids but an ok bloke once you got to know him. We used to race our trolleys down Rokeby Road to see who could go the fastest then crash into the kerb on the corner. I remember the Fletchers van that is still running today and Alfs that is still going. We used to also knock about on the fields of Margetson that are now the flats. I also know Bob Wright he was a very big friend of my dads.

Did you know the Kelly and Butcher families that lived on the right side of Rokeby Road near the bottom? That would be in the 1951-54 era

The English teacher who practiced Morris Dancing was Bill Stoddart.

Does anyone know wher the following teachers are..

Geoff Evans

Bob Carmody

John Mellor

geoff lives on creswick lane & john lives on st michaels in ecco

• 2 weeks later...
Did you know the Kelly and Butcher families that lived on the right side of Rokeby Road near the bottom? That would be in the 1951-54 era

Kellys lived on the left looking up the hill from Wheata Brewits live opposite on the corner , Hills lived opposite at 1 Wheata , never Knew of a blind man on the corner , and I lived there from '47 till '65

Dad lived there till a couple of years ago 50 + years in the same house

• 2 weeks later...

hi all,

This might be the perfect place for some help.

Im looking for Eleanor Bennett who live/lived in Parson Cross about 20 years ago and still may now.She would be approx 34/35 now and is mixed race. She lived there with her mum who worked in one of the local small supermarkets.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all in advance.