Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

i looked at the pic on bottom of your page and followed the link, where was cleveland garage on wordsworth?? was it where alan ponds was:confused:

Yep

It was built around 1960, then knocked down and rebuilt as Alan Pond about 1972

Before 1960, it was a field where we all played :P

Hey, you’re not gonna believe this guys, but I’ve just found a foto of EDDIE BEDSTEAD!!

In my old collection. Couldn’t hardly believe it myself.

It may well be the only foto of him in existence – maybe I should e-Bay it??

I’ve put it on to my Flickr site. Please feel free to share with your friends

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bushbaby387/

Thanks for finding that Bushbaby :) when I was a girl I was scared of him, and would run! I remember him as being tall and skinny dressed in black, memories do strange things over the years, he looks quite harmless in that photo.

Thanks for finding that Bushbaby :) when I was a girl I was scared of him, and would run! I remember him as being tall and skinny dressed in black, memories do strange things over the years, he looks quite harmless in that photo.
old eddie was harmless although we didn,t know it at the time,every time i saw him to speak to,he would ask if i,d had my breakfast,tell me he,d had an egg,then ask if i,d got 10p to spare,as he was going to his sisters at barnsley,and he didn,t have the full fare.....i usually gave it to him,as i felt guilty for the things i,d shouted at him as a young lad.

Hey, you’re not gonna believe this guys, but I’ve just found a foto of EDDIE BEDSTEAD!!

In my old collection. Couldn’t hardly believe it myself.

It may well be the only foto of him in existence – maybe I should e-Bay it??

I’ve put it on to my Flickr site. Please feel free to share with your friends

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bushbaby387/

oh my god that brought back memories. i guess you are the only person to have a pic of eddie. thanks for sharing it bush :D

old eddie was harmless although we didn,t know it at the time,every time i saw him to speak to,he would ask if i,d had my breakfast,tell me he,d had an egg,then ask if i,d got 10p to spare,as he was going to his sisters at barnsley,and he didn,t have the full fare.....i usually gave it to him,as i felt guilty for the things i,d shouted at him as a young lad.

Don't forget okismoki when I was young he would be a young man, we'd heard stories and it always seemed like he was following us, that's scarey for a young girl. If I'd seen him once I'd grown-up I would have thought different, like you do with age and maturity (hopefully) how are you doing by the way? I'm just going to grab some lunch then we're off to the trailer :wave:

Hi Darbys - my Foster family lived on Doe Royd Crescent - next door were a family called Brown and Greenwood. Do you recall any of them

Yep, I remember the Browns. There was George and Vic(i think) and across the road was Trevor Greenwood. I also remember Paddy Saville, and down the road were the Quixalls. I went to Meynell with the Browns, Greenwood, Saville. The top of Doe Royd was a very interesting place in the 50's and 60's. I lived by the island at the top of the gennel. I don't know if you would remember the Jefferies Van that used to deliver groceriesall over the Cross. Well I was the guy that used to work on that van; Friday nights and Saturday mornings. I worked for them from about 1957 until 1959, when I left school and bought a motor bike. Since then I have just burnt rubber. I tell a lie, I sold my last bike about 6 months ago, because of arthritis. Such is life!!!

Edited by Darbys1

This forum and its posters never fails to surprise me! Just when I thought I`d seen it all, an actual pic of Eddie!

God he brings back a few memories, I remember him cutting peoples` privet!

well said jabber, i cant believe an actual unique pic of eddie, prob worth a fortune now, has anyone got any pics os the lazy idle mick smith??? i will pay max 10p for it :hihi:

I want to see a pic of Ivy Wellows too! I bet theres a mine of pics out there in Sheffield of these characters!

I think I have a pic of Mick Smith and his daughter somewhere. I was videoing around the total petrol station in the 90s and they wandered past... I`ll try to find the cassette and revive my video player later and try to get some stills. They wont be pretty though... well, we already know that :D