Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

did it happen to be paddy bush who did it

Roggert? Well there's a name from the past

How are you?

Last time I saw you, you were flashing your torso to impressionable young girls in Longley Baths

How have the years been?

You were working at Middlewood then I think

I think you know that Paddy died a few years ago - still haven't got over it.

Josie has just spent a year travelling the world

Rest of the Bushes carry on regardless

Tell us some stories Gerald, you were always good at that

:hihi:

My nan and grandad lived on Mansel Crescent, number 93 at the top beside the school from the 1960s-2000. Cecelia and Paddy Guckion (yes he was Irish). Does anyone remember them? She was the district nurse. They had 3 daughters Philomena, Bernadette (my mum) and Marie (yes they were a catholic family) - all went to Tommy Moores I think.

I spent a fair bit of time there as a kid in the early 1990s. I remember Molly Malone and the yellow Beetle on the drive. Her son David had a mobile shop in an old ambulance for a bit, I think he moved down Ecclesfield. Joyce lived next door and her 'friend' Jim lived on Mansel Ave. I remember Jim Cattermole opposite and Mr Pethick who lived further down the Cres. There was a lady who did my nans hair also down the road, think she was called Anne and she had a black spaniel called Rosie.

Paddy used to take me up to the Cow and Calf by going through the top school (before they put that security fence up) and then squeezing through a gap in the railings to get onto the path up to Halifax Road. We always used to go through the sewer pipe in the playground and have a look at the rabbit round the back at the nursery.

I was passing recently and had a drive up to find half the houses have been demolished and the top school has gone, sad how the area declined, my nan used to say it was the place to be at one time, with long waiting lists to get a house on there.

In what year did they go to tommy more`s may I ask?

hi danimal. we lived at 66 mansel crescent, the last house at the bottom of mansel, 2 doors away from the chinese. my mum was called tina mcgowan and they moved onto mansel in 1969 and left 2 years ago under the demolition. she worked at the papershop for many years on chaucer when it was foggs and gt news. the neighbours was ok as bill johnson his wife and kids lived next door and they had phillip, paul and debrough,,they moved in the early 80's. then it was all downhill fot the new neighbours,, they was dave and lorraine branna who had an american car the other johnsons which was ok and after that a physcho nutter moved in but she hung herself in the bathroom. no-one moved in after that,,it was boarded up till the demolition,, i remember mr pethick and mrs cattermole was a dinnerlady at mansel infants for many years but molly malone was great. do you remember paul and vicky healde?? they lived at the top of mansel on the same side as you about 10 houses up??

Do anybody remember Antony Fairbrother from mansel?