Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Hi there to DAVE BR and DANIMAL,nice talking to you,but sorry to say that i do not know anyone of the people that you have mentioned.I must have moved from the cross by then.We lived at 434,WORDSWORTH AVE.until about 1949. I remember my brother and me going to mass on sundays to ST THOMAS MORE"S,on HALIFAX RD.The service was held in the room above the garage of the priest"s house(FATHER HOLLAND) was the first priest there,he was from ST.PATRICKS,at SHEFFIELD LANE TOP,so we knew him very well, as that"s were we went to school.Had to walk there and back,as there was no buses at all running along DEERLANDS AVE.at that time.Kids to-day would scream bl##dy murder ,if they had to walk that far.They don't know their born do they?.Regards to all.eightlegger.CANADA.

I used to go to St Thomas More Church on Halifax Road in the 70s it was bloody freezing in winter. Father O`Riley was there then.

Tom O'Reillly died a few weeks ago

He was 95

He was one of ten kids, four of whom became priests

Eightlegger, before mass was said in the Presbretary above the garage it used to said at Meynel school and also a room above the Greyhound in Ecclesfield. But I,m not sure in which order. St Thomas More,s is empty now on Halifax Rd. A shame.It opened in 1950.(I think) Me and my brother were 1st twins to be baptised there in April that year.

Tom O'Reillly died a few weeks ago

He was 95

He was one of ten kids, four of whom became priests

Sorry to hear about Father O'Reilly. He and Father Kirkham were good friends with my Mum. My Mum will be sorry to hear that he's died.

Eightlegger, before mass was said in the Presbretary above the garage it used to said at Meynel school and also a room above the Greyhound in Ecclesfield.r.

Mass at Meynell school??

Mass at The greyhound??

I'm 55 and only just learning these things. Oh The glories of a catholic education

Pete: You're gonna love Hamlet

Mass at Meynell school??

Mass at The greyhound??

I'm 55 and only just learning these things. Oh The glories of a catholic education

Pete: You're gonna love Hamlet

hi bush. i was talking to jabbs about p.x and google street view which is great but do you or anyone have any old pics of p.x,,the roads,,shops ect back in the 60's 70's 80's

Eightlegger, before mass was said in the Presbretary above the garage it used to said at Meynel school and also a room above the Greyhound in Ecclesfield. But I,m not sure in which order. St Thomas More,s is empty now on Halifax Rd. A shame.It opened in 1950.(I think) Me and my brother were 1st twins to be baptised there in April that year.

Hi, PETER,i'd completely forgotten about Meynel school and the GREYHOUND pub. On a (st pats thread) i mentioned the GERRARD boys, well their dad played the piano at the GREYHOUND.THANKS.eightlegger.

hi bush. i was talking to jabbs about p.x and google street view which is great but do you or anyone have any old pics of p.x,,the roads,,shops ect back in the 60's 70's 80's

No-one could afford cameras back then

:rolleyes:

I'll put together the few that I have and stick them on my Flickr

Watch this space