Did you ever live in Parson Cross? (Part 2)

Father Kirkham was our priest at st peters we used to go to his youth club at st thomas mores new church in the 70s

Do you know my brother Andrew Camm? He used to go to the Youth Club. Father Kirkham was a very good friend of his. He helped put on a party for him when he got engaged to Angela White and the same when they got married.

Really enjoyed reading this thread lol ..... I lived on pollard avenue for 18 yrs from 1968 -1984 loved growing up there ... since then i`ve lived on a few streets round Parsons cross ... Buchannan cresent ... Launce road ... I will always have fond memories of the place ( still trying to get back on there now ) .

Really enjoyed reading this thread lol ..... I lived on pollard avenue for 18 yrs from 1968 -1984 loved growing up there ... since then i`ve lived on a few streets round Parsons cross ... Buchannan cresent ... Launce road ... I will always have fond memories of the place ( still trying to get back on there now ) .

i've just moved from pollard after living there all my life

don't want to return

I can only speak for myself but i grew up on there from being 2 yrs old to joining the Forces at 18 yrs old and i loved it ... i know that for many the parsons cross estate has changed but personally myself I`d like to move back to the area i know so well :)

I can only speak for myself but i grew up on there from being 2 yrs old to joining the Forces at 18 yrs old and i loved it ... i know that for many the parsons cross estate has changed but personally myself I`d like to move back to the area i know so well :)

The trouble is, would you recognise the area? It's changed so much and so have the people.

The trouble is, would you recognise the area? It's changed so much and so have the people.

People come and go all the time and yes i have driven through parsons cross regular since i moved away .... i live at Wybourn at the moment and the kids are pretty much the same round this area too lol .... I`m a quiet guy and keep myself to myself ... but being ex forces and 18+ yrs as a doorman i dont tend to feel as surprised or threatened by trouble as some that are ( not making myself out to be any harder Or being smug ) .... so the people (some of the families i prob know the parents myself in my age group ) wouldnt worry me .... its the estate i loved ... and like someone said earlier in the thread ... you can take the boy off the cross but you cant take the cross from inside the boy ....