Anyone here from Attercliffe? (Part 2)

hi my mum comes from attercliffe and born there, was darnell area.

There is a connection with the Ashworths, but looking to find anyone who knew the Butlers, may have been called the butler twins, or the twins. Circa 1950's. Also on the same street they used to live in (we think it was cottingham st, maybe wrong?) was the christian family. Also my aunt lived there for a while she married a Hudson.

Mum said she used to go to the radical club, and the steelworks nearby...which steelworks was this ?

Anybody know or can give any info.

Thanks

The Radical Club was on Roundel street next to a hall called Roundel Street Methodist Church where i used to go to sunday school and the steel works you refer to was called spartan Steel on Ripon Street because we lived right next door to it

I remember the Skating rink from the 1940's in that lane I think it had a french name Palais de Danse. Mugs alley was downstairs and appeared to be in a large cloakroom. You could hire skates the wheels were take your pick either steel. wood or some red composition material

Is Bobsville Robert ( Bob ) Smith? ( I think you are a year or so older than me )

I used to live at 122 Westbury Street opposite the yard Rene Denial lived in. I went to school with her, Janet Haskins and Sylvia Fletcher.

I remember the skating rink and Attercliffe Church, Banners and the barrow that sold fruit and mushrooms in the Street at the side, Oh......and Attercliffe Baths with a cup of Boveril afterwards!

Karen Gregory as was.

I used to live at 141 Cottingham Street, have 2 older brothers Dennis who's 63 and John who's 60. I remember Rene Denial, also Alf and Dennis

hi my mum comes from attercliffe and born there, was darnell area.

There is a connection with the Ashworths, but looking to find anyone who knew the Butlers, may have been called the butler twins, or the twins. Circa 1950's. Also on the same street they used to live in (we think it was cottingham st, maybe wrong?) was the christian family. Also my aunt lived there for a while she married a Hudson.

Mum said she used to go to the radical club, and the steelworks nearby...which steelworks was this ?

Anybody know or can give any info.

Thanks

Yes I was wrong not cottingham street, but Edward Road, anyone got a map of where edward road use to be?

• 4 weeks later...

back with more information.

I saw in a post somewhere, someone saying about the chippie in attercliffe owned by the ashworths, well it turns out im related, it was my great aunts, husbands brothers Wilf (Wilfred).

Also user: deecee in the forum please could you contact me reference Moulds please thanks.

Hi bossy. my dad came from alfred rd area,went to newhall school,can`t ask him where long gone and all relatives,and I`m an Attercliffer,who`s ended up in Ecclesfield

Me too, lived in Slitting Mill lane until I was 4 in 1955 and Ecclesfield ever since