Dawson family of Ecclesfield

Hello folks, I'm trying to make contact with anyone descended from or who knows anything about the Dawson family of Hartley Brook, Ecclesfield - my late mum's ancestors.

My great-grandparents were Elizabeth Carr (b. 1851, Rawmarsh) and John Dawson (b. 1845, Ecclesfield, d. 1910). Elizabeth and John were married at Mount Pleasant Methodist Chapel, Ecclesfield, in 1872.

Their children were Mary (b. 1873), Annie (b. 1876), Emma (b. 1878, married Thomas Morris, 1916), Agnes (b. 1880, married Benjamin Brooks 1909, d. 1953in London), John (b. 1883, married Lilly Tingle), Joseph (b. 1886, married Ethel), Thomas (b. 1888), and Kenneth (b. 1892).

All were born in Ecclesfield. The family mostly worked as file cutters.

I would love to hear from anyone connected with this family to compare notes.

Thanks!

I should have added that John and Lily's children were (I think, but I'm just relying on memories of what my mum told me) Annie (known as Nance), Elizabeth (known as Betty), Evelyn and William (Billy) Dawson. I think Billy possibly had children called Paul and Anne.

Thanks for taking the trouble to read this - I hope someone can help.

Archived