New Polish Restaurant - has anyone been?

Olive

The Persian is called Shiraz and is a lot further up Abbeydale Rd - near the Woodseats Rd Junction.

It is great, run by lovely people with good, cheap food. They even have a sitting area with hookah pipes.

Highly recommended

Well, we did go and I can give you that update now.

I've got mixed feelings about this place. I don't want to do it a disservice, as it has some good points, but it didn't really live up to expectations.

On the good side, it tries really hard. It's a family-run place, we got a warm welcome, the service was good, the prices are very reasonable. There's a good selection of Polish beer as well.

The food was a little disappointing though - nothing really bad, but I think the modern British diner has higher expectations these days. It all seemed a bit 1970's somehow - bits of lettuce garnish everywhere, which I didn't expect with a stew! I'd be really interested in hearing from other diners to see what they think, especially if anyone has other Polish dining experiences to compare against.

The deco is pretty dated too, which you wouldn't expect from a newly refurbished place.

All in all, I think probably not to my taste, although I wouldn't put others off trying it for themselves.

Archived