Dr Feelgood at the Black Swan

The live album of a city hall gig is Stupidity.

One of the great live albums from anyone. Actually the only album of theirs that I now own.

It's sad to see a pub band of the same name still knocking about, with not a single member of the original line up involved. Can't be helping the legacy of one of the great British RnB acts.

One of the great live albums from anyone. Actually the only album of theirs that I now own.

It's sad to see a pub band of the same name still knocking about, with not a single member of the original line up involved. Can't be helping the legacy of one of the great British RnB acts.

Never mind still in the band-there's only Wilco still alive!Down By The Jetty is still one of my most played albums.Still sounds as good now as it did then.

Never mind still in the band-there's only Wilco still alive!Down By The Jetty is still one of my most played albums.Still sounds as good now as it did then.

the Big Figure and Sparks are both dead??

I was at the city hall gig and I recall it was 'albertos y trios paranoias' that supported the feelgoods. I assumed this was to form the Sheffield half of the live album. I ended up supporting Wilko a couple of times in recent years. Little did I know then. I can't even remember why I went to see them.

Thanks for the replies, still not got the exact date for the Swan but it must have been in 1976. I went to both City Hall gigs as well but can't remember who supported them.

While on the subject did anyone see a band called Brewers Droop at The Swan? bit earlier probably 73ish, also saw them at the Bardney festival 72 i think.

During their song 'It's not the meat it's the motion' they brought a giant p**is on to the stage.

Thanks for the replies, still not got the exact date for the Swan but it must have been in 1976. I went to both City Hall gigs as well but can't remember who supported them.

While on the subject did anyone see a band called Brewers Droop at The Swan? bit earlier probably 73ish, also saw them at the Bardney festival 72 i think.

During their song 'It's not the meat it's the motion' they brought a giant p**is on to the stage.

It would have been 74 or 75 that Feelgood were at the Swan, as it was while I was still in the 6th form. Didn't go myself - one of the Swan concerts I missed at that time, but my mates were raving about the "Mad guitarist, standing behind the curtain and machine gunning the crowd" during Riot in cell block no. 9. That was a small stage, and Wilco covered most of it.

Archived