Dr Feelgood at the Black Swan

It would have been 74 or 75 that Feelgood were at the Swan, as it was while I was still in the 6th form. Didn't go myself - one of the Swan concerts I missed at that time, but my mates were raving about the "Mad guitarist, standing behind the curtain and machine gunning the crowd" during Riot in cell block no. 9. That was a small stage, and Wilco covered most of it.

Sorry mate just seen your post after i posted the other one.

It could well have been 74-75 i thought it was around that time.

I know i saw them at the Swan before the City Hall and as i said they played the city hall three times in 75, Feb,May and Oct.

Sorry mate just seen your post after i posted the other one.

It could well have been 74-75 i thought it was around that time.

I know i saw them at the Swan before the City Hall and as i said they played the city hall three times in 75, Feb,May and Oct.

I think the first City Hall gig was fairly soon after the Swan one. I was at the 'Stupidity' gig (May 23rd 75 apparently http://www.drfeelgood.de/fg_hist.htm), and I think the support act were indeed the Albertos.

I think we're finally getting there, thanks for the info, as i said i'll have to re-write it for the book.

The Albertos were definitely the support act that night. They kept claiming that they could hardly move round the stage because of all "Dr Hook's" kit (the irony being that Feelgood had only the basic three or four small amps - hardly any kit at all)

Highlight of their set was Hendrix at Woodstock playing the "Theme from The Archers", and a Bob Marley rip-off "No Legs - Me Cry"

Brilliant night all in all, as Feelgood were on fire!!

Archived