Colley School/Parson Cross College

Bartonk

We must know each other! I was at Colley during the same period as you and remember most of the Teachers you mention. We must have many friends / acquaintances in common. I left "The Cross" in 1968 when I got married, but am still in touch with some old school friends.

Regards,

Ted Munks.

Did you know Eric Waters Ted?

I left Colley School at Easter 1961 and went to work as an apprentice at Sanderson Bros & Newbould in Attercliffe. I lived in Holgate Road from 1948 until 1968, first at No. 102 then at No. 84. I and my family have lived in South Africa since April 1975, with brief visits back to England to see family. If anyone remembers me or my Sister Barbara please post a reply.

hi i am shirley one of mullins family we lived on corner of holgate cres at the juction, i was born 1949 and i am sure i knew your family i remember barbras name, i think you would know my brother raymond and everyone knew our peter

My brother John mentioned your Pete the other day he thought he'd seen him one night in the Travellers at Thorpe Hesley

Not sure if he goes in there but possible, he lives at foxhill.He used to go in wadsley bridge working man's club and pubs at wadsley bridge, but a lot of them closed now.I dont see him much except for family get togethers as we live on coast.

• 11 months later...

Hi, another trip down memory lane. I first posted on this thread a while ago.

Marcia, I'm sure I knew you, did you live on Rokeby Road/Drive and go to St Pauls church? I also knew Julie Simpson, who also lived on the same road. You two were my closest friends when I was at Monteny Junior. I went to Colley Comp, and left in 1973 early, I should have left in 1974. I was Diane Elliott back then.