Mr Kites casablanca bar division st - Anyone remember it?

Eduardo, my heart is full just to hear from you, how wonderful. maybe on the way back from kiwi land you can stop over for a visit, I'm in Adelaide Sth. Australia, if your in n. z. you have to fly over my house to get back to espana, you can stop at my place,and I'll cook you a curry.(so you think that's funny) free bed and board thrown in. Teresa, hi, for you and Eduardo my mail address is pollux7@optusnet.com.au , tel. oz 08 82696415. can't believe i am in touch with you all, quite emotional, what a ****ing great thing the internet is.

hi ted, amazed to see that your son Toby is in the same town as me, quite a freaky thing,don't worry i shan't hassle him, and i wouldn't dream of getting in contact unless you had all ready prepared him and he he was amiable to a meet,I'll never forget the day you and Toby picked me up from the hospital, full cast on with crutches to go,and dinner with your dad and the arch-bishop of the Seychelles i believe, looking for money, and you and Toby tittering to yourselves at the table, how wonderful to know how he grew up and what he has achieved, a son to be proud of, o.k. enough from me ,adios amigos, Alan.

• 4 years later...
I believe the lease ran out & they were then forced out by the lease owners in the 90's who effectively then took over their business they did move to Regent terrace but I think that it is a restaurant now.We use to attend during the West St run before finally the Limit only thing was we could not get a pint in there at that time & had to have a carafe of wine ,it made a good change though.

Yes, that's what happened. Shame it doesn't exist anymore. I worked there from 1986 to 1996, off and on. Still in touch with Roy. The Green Room is charmless and rubbish!

---------- Post added 05-04-2013 at 17:04 ----------

:)

Apparantly Brian went bust & carried on trading in someone elses name

That's when they changed it from "Kite's" to "Casablancas".

Mr Kites was one of my favourite places to eat/ drink when I first moved to Sheffield.

When family and friends came to visit me, this was always our first choice of places to meet up.

I had my hen night here in 1982.

Remember the orange Le Crueset casserole dishes and salad bowls, plus yummy desserts as well as the choice of wine etc.

Happy Memories!

Archived