The best coffee in Sheffield?

What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?

• F.O.B
    • Utopia (West One)
    • Starbucks
    • Costa (Abbey National)
    • Coffee Rev (Uni)
    • Cafe Moco
    • Other

Why is it SO difficult to get a decent coffe in this city??

*there is no way of avoiding making myself sound like a coffee snob i'm afraid....im not...promise!I jus want a decent brew*

The number of places that know what they are doing i can count on one hand, whereas the number of places i can get a burnt, acidic, boiled to death latte is off the scale!!

are we REALLY getting all contentinental in our tastes and more knowledgeable about what we are eating and drinking or are we all buying into an image and just playing along, trying to look the part (with steaming latte in hand)??

If anyone suggests i try McStarbucks i will scream!!!!

A monkey can be trained to press four buttons and put a lid on a huge cup of hot milk that has been waived near a coffe bean! Im after proper espresso, made by a person!

Hats off to FOB & Forum but where else??? Help!

(just read that back and realised i might be becomming a bit like Tweak in SouthPark....Maybe rather than finding better coffee i should try & knock it on the head for a bit......?.........

Originally posted by Bilge

What about that one on West St (opp Varsity) that was extended recently (can't remember its name). Not been in but it looks like they might know what they're doing.

That's Cafe Moco - they do really nice coffee.

Originally posted by t020

Perhaps you'd have more luck if you could spell the word "coffee" properly first? :hihi:

Ccan't you just let something go just once T020?

*sighs heavily*

Anyway, back to topic... I Agree with the poor coffee thing generally in Sheffield. I enjoy mine most in Spain where I have a very strong Americano 'con un poco leche'... Bit drastic having to go over there when I need a decent cofffffeeee (sic) though.

EDIT - came back on to change my typo error 'Ccan't' then decided to leave it on just to be annoying to pedants.

Archived