The best coffee in Sheffield?

What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?

• F.O.B
    • Utopia (West One)
    • Starbucks
    • Costa (Abbey National)
    • Coffee Rev (Uni)
    • Cafe Moco
    • Other

The best I've had is a bit of an unusual choice (and unfortunately not open to the public) - the university conference centres (Halifax Hall and the Edge) over in the Endcliffe village. The coffee there is the stuff of dreams.

yeah great shout, the coffee at The Edge is fantastic

(great username btw!)

As terribly unlikely as this may seem, the coffee at The Real Wash company (hand car wash) on Abbeydale Road is really, really good. Forget the make of beans, but it's the same as advertised on the front of the Beauchief Hotel.

Sorry to bump this thread. I'm meeting a friend for a coffee Friday lunch and would like recommendations for somewhere to go. Somewhere close to Millenium Galleries/St Paul's would be ideal. I don't want somewhere crammed with snooker fans/students.

Cafe Nova (fka Maso/Tuckwoods) on Surrey Street, just up past the Sheffield Shop and the florists. It's really big down there and often quite quiet.

Sorry to bump this thread. I'm meeting a friend for a coffee Friday lunch and would like recommendations for somewhere to go. Somewhere close to Millenium Galleries/St Paul's would be ideal. I don't want somewhere crammed with snooker fans/students.

Cafe 22a just near the Crucible/Lyceum, lovely cake too. I doubt it'll be full of snooker fans and probably too expensive for students!

Cafe 22a just near the Crucible/Lyceum, lovely cake too. I doubt it'll be full of snooker fans and probably too expensive for students!

Is that on Norfolk Row opposite the catholic Cathedral?

I pass it regularly but never ventured in, it does look nice inside and I love the handbag plantpots outside.

Is that on Norfolk Row opposite the catholic Cathedral?

I pass it regularly but never ventured in, it does look nice inside and I love the handbag plantpots outside.

Yes that's right, it's very friendly and lovely coffee and cake. Haven't been in since they expanded into the place next door but it's bound to be an improvement, was a bit poky before!

cafe rouge near there you may also be able to get a coffee in St Paul's Hotel

Archived