The best coffee in Sheffield?

What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?

• F.O.B
    • Utopia (West One)
    • Starbucks
    • Costa (Abbey National)
    • Coffee Rev (Uni)
    • Cafe Moco
    • Other

Cafe Nova (fka Maso/Tuckwoods) on Surrey Street, just up past the Sheffield Shop and the florists. It's really big down there and often quite quiet.

It will be quiet. Cafe Nova on Surrey Street has been closed for several months!

Coffee lovers shold try Caffe Piazza (previously Yorkies) in York Street. And the home made cakes.

• 6 months later...

I've arranged to go out for a coffee and what not on Wednesday, but wanting a good coffee/cakes etc.. I could google, but every coffee house is amazin' online. Looking for personal reccomendations, would like to be on either Eccy road or in the city center

Thanks.

I've arranged to go out for a coffee and what not on Wednesday, but wanting a good coffee/cakes etc.. I could google, but every coffee house is amazin' online. Looking for personal reccomendations, would like to be on either Eccy road or in the city center

Thanks.

id recomend the cafe in western park museum they freshly grind the coffee beans for your coffee and they make all their cakes fresh in the mornings id recomend coming before 11am or after 2.30pm as All hot drinks will be £1.00 they open at 10 am and close at 3.45pm and 4.45pm at weekends.

however if you come between 11am and 2.30pm a pot of tea will be £1.75 and lattes and cappucinos £2.25 espresso's £1.50 (i think) hot chocolates start at £1.95 i belive and they also have a mix your own belguim ho chocolate.

the cakes are £2.45 a slice i think and brownies flapjacks, shortbread and other tray tray bake type things are £1.75 theres also muffins and cookies and butterfly buns and scones and stuff some people find it a bit pricey, i work here and i have to admit the coffee and cakes are superb and well worth the money i have never had one i didnt enjoy!

Hi,

Have you tried the new Chocolate and Coffee Shop 'Chocadores' on Ecclesall Rd? They sell amazing freshly made chocolates and chocolate cakes/desserts etc. I can recommend the chocolate tapas they do. There's even a chocolate tasting room where you can try chocs from different places.

It's a couple of doors up from Nonnas towards Hunter's Bar where the bus stop is.

Oh dear - I want chocolate now! :-)

Archived