The best coffee in Sheffield?

What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best coffee shop in the town centre?

• F.O.B
    • Utopia (West One)
    • Starbucks
    • Costa (Abbey National)
    • Coffee Rev (Uni)
    • Cafe Moco
    • Other

Originally posted by msbehavin

Ever thought of making one yerself? :rolleyes:

Me? A MAN?!

Only jokin - jus couldn't be bothered this morning. I got up, showered, stroked the rabbit for a bit, and left for work.

Originally posted by liencam

Me? A MAN?!

Only jokin - jus couldn't be bothered this morning. I got up, showered, stroked the rabbit for a bit, and left for work.

Is the term 'stroked the rabbit for a bit' a euphemism for something else...? :hihi:

poimaster, you know what they say about doing things yourself... if you can't find a decent coffee shop then why not open one yourself!! you will get a roaring trade, people will come from miles around because nobody can make coffee quite the same or as good as you, you will be the coffee junkies saviour of sheffield! ;)

Originally posted by poimaster

If anyone suggests i try McStarbucks i will scream!!!!

A monkey can be trained to press four buttons and put a lid on a huge cup of hot milk that has been waived near a coffe bean! Im after proper espresso, made by a person!

Hats off to FOB & Forum but where else??? Help!

Unfortunately Starbucks actually serves 'good' coffee Poimaster. Whilst people may disagree with their aggressive expansion policy and supposedly overpriced beverages nobody can deny that their espresso is really rather good.

As for your claims that any "monkey" can "press four buttons" - what does this refer to? The espresso based beverages are made using super-automatic espresso machines that grind and tamp the espresso. Far from being a bad thing this is actually good considering that espresso loses most of its flavour within 3 hours of grinding. That's why your espresso made by a 'person' (who presumably takes the stale espresso from a large grinder and tamps it themselves) tastes of pretty much nothing and Starbucks beans taste fresher. If I'm going to buy an espresso based beverage whilst out and about (which I rarely do as I own a Gaggia super automatic at home) I will always choose Starbucks as I like my espresso with a rich creme and fresh!

So the question is, "Do you want a fresh, well-brewed espresso with a rich creme or do you want to satisfy some half-baked moral quest?" I'll pick the Starbucks beverage anyday because with or without the caffeine I still sleep easy at night.

Originally posted by JonJParr

Unfortunately Starbucks actually serves 'good' coffee Poimaster. Whilst people may disagree with their aggressive expansion policy and supposedly overpriced beverages nobody can deny that their espresso is really rather good.

I can! When I've tried it I've found it unpleasent and watery - though I do quite like their muffins!

Archived