Best kickboxing club

Can someone please help me.:help:

I have just left a kickboxing club recently as i realised the people there were more interested in money than students. My aim is to get into decent shape and maybe have a fight on a local show.

If someone can please point me in the right direction as to where in Sheffield the BEST kickboxing club is i would be really gratefull.

I have been told the wicker camp is really good, but im also interested in SDF and legends gym, so if anyone has details about these also that would be great.

Can someone please help me.:help:

I have just left a kickboxing club recently as i realised the people there were more interested in money than students. My aim is to get into decent shape and maybe have a fight on a local show.

If someone can please point me in the right direction as to where in Sheffield the BEST kickboxing club is i would be really gratefull.

I have been told the wicker camp is really good, but im also interested in SDF and legends gym, so if anyone has details about these also that would be great.

My advice is try them all.

SDF is good if you want one on one training (or have a partner to train with). I totally recommend it if you can afford it.

Kapap is good too but watch out for craig, he doesnt like sheep and refuses to eat mutton :gag:

:hihi:

(his name is lotar on here but dont tell him i told you)

The wicker camp is traditional muay thai. You will find it quite different to most kickboxing clubs.

Black Dragons gym in walkley is not bad either, they really do have hard fitness training there.

There is also AFK , BUT thats a swear word for the club you have come from (if it is the one i am thinking of) LOL.

What do you mean more interested in money than students?

I am aware that adrian has a show called Showdown, however if you are going by "best" kickboxing club by results alone,

So far,...

These are the results AFK have managed :

in the last 12 months we have had only ONE loss!!!

Only ONE loss in the last 12 months , oh and 2 ISKA champions within the gym as well.

Our fighters have fought at home on our own shows AND out of town. Many sheffield kickboxing clubs would not DARE to fight out of town. To my knowledge Shaun Lomas from Kombat Sports fights out of town a lot and I know legends have done a few times. AFK travel the length of the country.

AFK fighters are well managed and get experience out of town on a lower level first before being thrown in at the deep end at home. Hence the reasons for our success. (but having said that , every now and then we could face a real banger and it could all go tits up! :hihi:) .

It is all down to what you want out of a kickboxing club. S0me people just want to kick a pad about and have a giggle then greens or fitness first taught by some Mr or Mrs average or even by mickey mouse or donald duck will suffice.

The British Martial arts acadamy in hackenthope one of if not the best in sheffield

No disrespect meant but what they do is not exactly what i would call kickboxing. Musical forms and semi contact do not classify as kickboxing.

Kickboxing is a full contact sport.

Been training with AFK for 4 years now (no fights tho, lol).

Have to say it's great for all round kickboxing/Thai boxing training, you get a great workout and good advice from all the other fighters too.

It's a friendly club, just pay £5 when you turn up - there's nothing to tie you in!