Pubs with real ales in South Sheffield

Is Sheaf View dodgy at all? There seem to be quite a few pubs round here (Heeley) that I've taken a look at and will happily admit I've pre-judged. Sheaf View looked ok, but looked like it might be a bit rough. I may be a big girl, but is it rough?

Definately not rough!

No lager louts there.

sheaf view is spot on !!! there is also a little off licence opposite esporta gym on woodseats that sell a selection of ales and they have a few draught pumps in the shop to have a pint there to test !! dont know the real name of the off licence but we all call it "daves beers" i dont actually think the guy that runs it is called dave so i dont know why we call it this :hihi::loopy:

That would be the Archer Road Beerstop

http://www.abbeydalebrewery.co.uk/pubs.html

The Sheaf View is the best of the Heeley pubs, and perhaps the only one in the area that most definitely isn't a bit rough! It's a permanent beer festival, fully independently owned, and you can still buy a pint for less than 2 quid!

My local is the Sportsman on Warminster Road at Norton Lees. That has 2 real ales, which were Tetley's Bitter and Greene King IPA, but the IPA has, I think, been replaced by Charles Wells Bomardier. Very friendly family pub, does good food and was refurnished last year to a very high standard.

In celebration of National Cask Ale Week, The White Lion will be holding its own event.

From 9th-12th April, you can sample and enjoy the following ales in addition to our normal selection:

Saltaire Raspberry Blonde (4%)

Hambleton Stud (4.3%)

Roosters Yankee (4.3%)

Bateman's Salem Porter (4.7%)

Aunty Glad's Ghoul (5.2%)

Abbeydale Absolution (5.3%)

Cornish Spriong Tide (3.6%)

Classic Blonde (3.9%)

Golden Pippin (3.9%)

Mr Tod (4.2%)

Early Bird (4.3%)

Rite Flanker (4.3%)

To kick things off, on April 9th we will be hosting a live performance by Tom Rodwell with his blend of housewrecking blues and spiritual - “By turns wild, angry, hypnotic and sensual it’s as uncompromising as it is funky and some of the best live music I’ve seen,” - Blues in London.

In celebration of National Cask Ale Week, The White Lion will be holding its own event.

From 9th-12th April, you can sample and enjoy the following ales in addition to our normal selection:

Saltaire Raspberry Blonde (4%)

Hambleton Stud (4.3%)

Roosters Yankee (4.3%)

Bateman's Salem Porter (4.7%)

Aunty Glad's Ghoul (5.2%)

Abbeydale Absolution (5.3%)

Cornish Spriong Tide (3.6%)

Classic Blonde (3.9%)

Golden Pippin (3.9%)

Mr Tod (4.2%)

Early Bird (4.3%)

Rite Flanker (4.3%)

To kick things off, on April 9th we will be hosting a live performance by Tom Rodwell with his blend of housewrecking blues and spiritual - “By turns wild, angry, hypnotic and sensual it’s as uncompromising as it is funky and some of the best live music I’ve seen,” - Blues in London.

I can vouch personally for the above on Tom Rodwell - I've seen him perform a few times. Lovely guy, brilliant performances. Compelling stuff.

Those beers sound grand too - and I'm off all week.......

Archived