Pubs with real ales in South Sheffield

It does but the last time I visited it was nowhere near Heeley or Norton.

Wrong..it's exists within a time/space/vacuum continuum and floats around Sheffield alighting wherever liquid sustenance is required...a bit like that mountain in Krull

sheaf view is spot on !!! there is also a little off licence opposite esporta gym on woodseats that sell a selection of ales and they have a few draught pumps in the shop to have a pint there to test !! dont know the real name of the off licence but we all call it "daves beers" i dont actually think the guy that runs it is called dave so i dont know why we call it this :hihi::loopy:

vegetarian ale :gag: horrid stuff

Actually real ale isn't generally suitable for vegetarians, strictly speaking, as the finings put in to make the yeast settle in the bottom of the cask comes from fish...... Whereas keg beer is processed and has no live yeast in it so doesn't require finings and is, in fact, suitable for vegetarians.....

Some real ale breweries do do vegetarian and/or Organic beers though... and in normal real ale the finings don't make it into the glass.

But yes..... Sheaf View is probably the best real ale pub in the area, just down the road there is also the White Lion which is a more 'heritage' style pub and also does a selection of real ales.

At Norton Lees you have a limited selection of real ales available at the Cross Scythes and the Prince of Wales and on Woodseats there is always Wetherspoons. Not sure if the New Inn at Norton does real ale.

Venturing a bit beyond Norton, if you fancy a bus ride to Bradway or Dronfield that opens up opportunities - in Bradway the Castle Inn is the best pub for choice of real ale, however the Bradway and the Old Mother Redcap do have real ale. In Dronfield the Coach & Horses is worth a visit, with a choice of 5 beers from Thornbridge Brewery, and in Dronfield Woodhouse the Jolly Farmer usually has a good selection.

I know it's nowhere near Heeley, but speaking of real ale - had a pint of Easy Rider in the Crucible last night... £3!!! :o Three bloomin quid for a pint of beer that's been brewed less than three miles away. I shall'nt be drinking in there again in a hurry...

Is Sheaf View dodgy at all? There seem to be quite a few pubs round here (Heeley) that I've taken a look at and will happily admit I've pre-judged. Sheaf View looked ok, but looked like it might be a bit rough. I may be a big girl, but is it rough?

Is Sheaf View dodgy at all? There seem to be quite a few pubs round here (Heeley) that I've taken a look at and will happily admit I've pre-judged. Sheaf View looked ok, but looked like it might be a bit rough. I may be a big girl, but is it rough?

It's as rough as a velvet glove.

The only rows in there would be about the "proper OG of Kirby Strong when brewed by Ward's", or "Should Goldings hops be used in dark ales?", or such.

Absolutely fantastic pub.

Archived